SaabCentral Forums banner

'11 heated and ventilated seat issue

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  doubledown88 
#1 ·
Just turned 13K miles yesterday. Ventilated and heated seats stopped working on my '11 9-5 this morning. The 3 lights come on when pressing the button but they go out. When hitting the heated seat button those 3 lights flicker and there is a click under the dash (the click was there when the seats were working too). Same behavior on both seats. Anyone had similar problems?

#2 ·
Hey buddy!

Was there ever a resolve to your issue?

My 2010 Aero just started doing this tonight. Before that, the driver's seat heater would not turn on for more than a few seconds before shutting off. That is a more common issue though and I know that I need a replacement pad to fix that. This however...

I'd take a guess that it's a relay related issue. I checked the fuse under the hood and it was okay, though I have not checked the fuse in the trunk yet.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

#5 ·
Well, I got in my car last night and tried the seats and I guess you were not the only with luck on your side, because they worked without issue. Worked fine again this morning too.

Kind of odd, but that's how the gremlins are I suppose. Thanks everybody for the response.

#7 ·
MY heated seats stopped working a while ago. I turn them on and they work for like 2 minutes then they shut off automatically. I can tell they are starting to warm up, but never long enough to be effective as they shut off.

Do I need new mats? How much would something like this cost to get fixed at a dealership?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.