Just ordered the BSR PPC upgrade for 2004 210hp convertible. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Just ordered the BSR PPC upgrade for 2004 210hp convertible.

9.3 Joe
4th March 2004, 12:38 PM
I just had a long conversation with Simon at Parts for Saabs regarding the BSR upgrade. Simon is a nice and helpful chap. The package will be here (los Angeles) next week but I will likely waitto reprogram until I have 1000 miles on the car ( two weeks or so). I was debating about doing this since the car is not under powered with 210 hp. But the vert is +300 pounds heavier than the four door and I just can"t resist that extra pull. As I said when I first posted on this site I am coming from an A4 which I chipped, it made the car go from some what underpowered to a blast to drive. If I can get similar gains from the BSR modification, the 9.3 will be awesome. For those of you like me in non VAT land the price is not so bad. It cost me $856 including shipping to Los Angeles. One concern is increased torque steer. I hope it is not bad. I noticed a couple of times when cornering over bumps the steering wheel wanted pull a bit. I am still getting used to the Saab relative to the quattro on the Audi with a sport suspension. The Saab has a "nicer rider" and does not have as much roll but you do feel slightly more road vibration in the steering wheel and the suspension is a bit softer. An Aero would likely be better than my Arc. BTW relative to hp and engine performance the 210hp motor is stronger than the 175 hp engine in my opinion. Since I have a 2004 Linear and Arc, and drive both on a regular basis it is easy to compare. The Linear is automatic and Arc convertible is manual but the torque difference is clear.

oslowley
4th March 2004, 01:52 PM
Ha, now I feel like I got robbed, I paid $*&^% shipped from genuinesaab. My fault for not shopping around.

WASAAB
4th March 2004, 05:28 PM
The Linear is automatic and Arc convertible is manual but the torque difference is clear. Yes, Because Automatic got Torque converter..while Manual got Clutch ( not to mention the direct torque conversion ). :P

joshd2012
4th March 2004, 05:29 PM
As far as I know, Genuine Saab is based in the US. PFS is based in the UK. So when you order from the UK, it will convert from pounds to dollars, and then charge either a flat fee or percentage to change currency. That charge is not included in that price. So it will be $856 plus whatever his bank/ CC company decides to charge him for the conversion. While I don't think it will amount up to the $1000 you paid, it will bring it a bit closer. Plus, you know that paying a little more to Genuine Saab, they are going to invest that in developing new products for your Saab that PFS won't do. Feel good about that.

mav238
4th March 2004, 06:02 PM
As far as I know, Genuine Saab is based in the US. PFS is based in the UK. So when you order from the UK, it will convert from pounds to dollars, and then charge either a flat fee or percentage to change currency. That charge is not included in that price. So it will be $856 plus whatever his bank/ CC company decides to charge him for the conversion. While I don't think it will amount up to the $1000 you paid, it will bring it a bit closer. Plus, you know that paying a little more to Genuine Saab, they are going to invest that in developing new products for your Saab that PFS won't do. Feel good about that.

Genuine SAAB developing new products? I thought they were simply a retailer for SAAB parts? I don't think they have a R&D division. :lol:

joshd2012
4th March 2004, 06:05 PM
Genuine SAAB developing new products? I thought they were simply a retailer for SAAB parts? I don't think they have a R&D division. :lol:

Sure they do:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23411