Magnaflow #14833... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Magnaflow #14833...

solid155
3rd March 2004, 02:22 PM
...was installed on my Vector today (pics to follow). I am very satisfied with the sound. It has a very deep rumble to it and with the JR filter it really sounds like a euro race car! Compared to the Borla catback exhaust I have on my Toy pickup, the magnaflow is far superior in sound. In addition, it is not loud inside the cabin at all even when all windows and sunroof are closed. But for the most part, I had all my windows and sunroof open coming back from the shop just to hear the deeeep, bassy sound! I highly recommend it. 8)

SaabAnimal
4th March 2004, 01:26 AM
That's great news!! I ordered the same exact muffler a few days ago, should be here on Friday. Can't wait to experience it for myself. Going to install an IGT filter that I ordered too. Where in the bay area did you get it installed at? What was the cost? Would you recommend them? Thanks in advance.

solid155
4th March 2004, 02:30 PM
here's the pics...

SaabAnimal,
I had this installed at a shop in Fremont, Ca. Cost $200 for part and installation. You can find magnaflow dealers closer to where you are under 'dealers' at magnaflow's website.

moz
4th March 2004, 03:20 PM
Very nice!, looks exactly like mine (well it should be, same tips :)).

mav238
4th March 2004, 03:25 PM
here's the pics...

SaabAnimal,
I had this installed at a shop in Fremont, Ca. Cost $200 for part and installation. You can find magnaflow dealers closer to where you are under 'dealers' at magnaflow's website.

Congrats! Looks really nice.

Wow, when I got the Magnaflow on my Merlot Red 9-3 SS since April 2003, didn't know that the Magnaflow would catch on so well here with some of you fellow saaber's!!! :cheesy:

jcancio
4th March 2004, 07:44 PM
Hi. I was wondering if you have aclose-up shot of the exhaust taken from the rear bumper.
thanks!
-jason

solid155
4th March 2004, 08:56 PM
Hi. I was wondering if you have aclose-up shot of the exhaust taken from the rear bumper.
thanks!
-jason

here you go...

jcancio
5th March 2004, 02:26 AM
awesome! Thanks for the pics... I wonder maybe we can hook
up one time and if I can listen to the exhaust.

thanks.
-jason

solid155
5th March 2004, 12:19 PM
awesome! Thanks for the pics... I wonder maybe we can hook
up one time and if I can listen to the exhaust.

thanks.
-jason

not a problem. pm me.

JFK-USAF
5th March 2004, 04:15 PM
Hey -- Let me know when you guys are going to get togeather--- I want to hear it too.
Jim

solid155
5th March 2004, 05:26 PM
Hey -- Let me know when you guys are going to get togeather--- I want to hear it too.
Jim

yeah! let's have a magnaflow on SS listener party! :cheesy:

SS
5th March 2004, 09:18 PM
No seriously, i am interested in hearing it too as i am considering it until BSR comes up with something (cat-back exhaust system)

CallipNCSUsaab
7th March 2004, 06:10 PM
^ not sure if you saw my url but here are some bad/short videos of a magnaflow on my arc...

http://home.nc.rr.com/callip/

finklejag
7th March 2004, 06:45 PM
I'm suprised nobody has bought this one. I think these tips look the best. It would fill out the hole in the valence more.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/mirrorfinish/gifs/parts/14816.jpg

Jet 9-3
8th March 2004, 12:15 AM
I'm suprised nobody has bought this one. I think these tips look the best. It would fill out the hole in the valence more.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/mirrorfinish/gifs/parts/14816.jpg

I got the slightly smaller version of that (3" tips vs 3.5") the 14815, I ordered it on Friday. I should have it installed by the end of the week (I'm not cutting out for the decor kit - at least not yet). I'll post pics

This is the catalog picture

http://magnaflow.com/02product/mirrorfinish/gifs/parts/14815.jpg

mav238
8th March 2004, 05:04 PM
Went with dual square tips on the Magnaflow...

03_Saab 9-3
8th March 2004, 05:58 PM
I got the SS muffler/tips seperate as to they did not have the tip i wanted on the ones that are already loaded with the tip. I wanted to go for the more euro/oem approach.

Single 3.5" doublewall, Oval, angled Magnaflow SS.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/tips/gifs/35158.jpg

loud SS
18th October 2004, 12:34 AM
I have the 14815 too, and it looks really good, and fits just perfectly with the decor kit from saab. I also took out the resonator and replaced it with straight piping, it sounds soooo crazy! I set off car alarms! But it may be too much for some. :D I'll have a pic really soon. By the way, let me know if u really want to have a listen at all our cars.

2003vector
30th October 2004, 01:03 PM
Where do you purchase the magnaflow exhaust system, i am very interested in buying it.

sonic0boom
30th October 2004, 06:42 PM
See www.magnaflow.com for dealers

I did a search for the 14833 muffler on google and found it at http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/ for about $140 w/free shipping. I think I'll probably get it from there, especially since there won't be tax on it.

ryan

2003vector
30th October 2004, 07:29 PM
sonic i went to that site u sent for the magnaflow exhaust, i dont know what size i want like they say 5x11 oval, how big do i want it.

finklejag
30th October 2004, 08:11 PM
5x11 :o . Thats one huge coffee can. This tip is 140mm x 70mm. Thats 5.6 inches wide by 2.8 inches tall.

http://www.speedparts.se/images/prod/avgas/063.jpg

2003vector
31st October 2004, 04:30 AM
haha im not talking about the tip i want how to know how big do i want the muffler to be they come in all different sizes.

sonic0boom
9th November 2004, 03:00 PM
I believe this is the one you are looking for:
http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/magstreetser13.html

I'm no muffler expert, but seeing as other people on the forums have installed the 14833 model, I guess anything under the 5" x 8" section will work.

Anyway, I have the decor kit being installed along with some other body work at the moment ... the muffler will be after i get it back. I'll post with my results. I'll also report on Husker (the website above) if they're good (or bad).

sonic0boom
9th November 2004, 03:04 PM
FYI, I just checked ebay, and there are 3 14833's available for $139 w/free shipping. Shouldn't be tax, either, depending on where you live. Hmmm, there might just be 2 available in a minute.

clarkkent
9th November 2004, 03:07 PM
Just bought the 14815 muffler on eBay for 139.99 with free shipping. I am having the dealer install the decor kit and the muffler. Hopefully there won't be any problems.

galaynta
9th November 2004, 06:45 PM
I like that one too. Please report back after it's installed and let us know how you like the sound.

clarkkent
12th November 2004, 09:04 AM
Magnaflow muffler came in today, #14815, ordered it on eBay from Performance Peddler. If anyone is looking to pick up a Magnaflow, this guy was very good, offered free shipping and fast service.

I didn't realize how big the twin 3" tips are, wow! I am still waiting for my decor kit from Saab, I'll post pics when it's installed.

sonic0boom
12th November 2004, 01:03 PM
I also just ordered a muffler from Performance Peddler. I don't think it's due in until Tuesday, but they did get it out to UPS the morning after I purchased it ... not bad! I also recommend them pending the arrival of the muffler, of course! $139 no tax or shipping for the 14833.

MatthewPath
6th February 2008, 11:22 AM
Hey Guys,

I am a bit new to SaabCentral so hopefully I posted this correctly. Just had a quick question.
I am thinking about getting a Magnaflow muffler installed, everyone seems to be happy with it. Can someone email me some photos of their car with the muffler on it (rear and side views of the muffler). My email is Matthew.Path@gmail.com
For some reason my computer hear at work doesn't show photos posted on this site very well.
I currently have a BSR exhaust and it sounds nice, but I want more sound and I think it looks huge underneath the car (maybe becuase I have a Linear which has no body kit like the Arc or Aero).
So the plan is to remove the BSR muffler and attach the MagnaFlow. It should work I think, both have an inlet of 2.5"? Well BSR says 2.25" while the MagnaFlow is 2.5"?
And how much mod is needed to fit it underneath the car is the MagnaFlow is too long, like I read on the other postings?

JonV
6th February 2008, 02:21 PM
I don't think the pictures not showing is a problem on your end! This is a 4 year old thread so the pics are probably off the server. Oviously you took the time to use "Search" ;)

Post a new thread in the Workshop forum, you'll get more responses.

clarkkent
10th February 2008, 03:43 PM
I have since removed my Magnaflow and replaced with the stock setup. The fitment was fine, but the sound was borderline obnoxoius. It's not that I don't like loud exhausts, my other car is an '89 Mustang 5.0 with 2 chamber flowmasters, but the 4 cyl motor just didn't do it any justice.

Looks like I should have gone with the BSR setup, as I am looking for a bit louder than stock.

robhurlburt
10th February 2008, 07:55 PM
does this exhaust bolt right up?

Does anyone have any videos or sound clips or pics?

Thanks for the info

MatthewPath
11th February 2008, 08:55 AM
The BSR 2.5" exhaust is an easy install. It works with the rubber hangers already on your car. If you have a Linear model you will need a decor kit ($45 at Saab) for the cut out of the bumper required.

That aside I decided to keep the BSR exhaust, it is only a little bit luder than stock, but you can definetly tell the difference. And if you actualy get the BSR ver (because BSR, Jetex, and Simons 2.5" Catback are the same) it will have BSR engraved on the tail pipe which I think is a nice touch.

robhurlburt
11th February 2008, 08:42 PM
do you know where i can get the BSR, and the price?

Sound clips/pics?

Thanks!

MatthewPath
11th February 2008, 09:15 PM
Well there are a few places you can get the BSR/Jetex/Simons 2.5" exhaust. I got mine from genuinesaab.com. They are located in Springfield, Missouri. The guys name is Nick and he is the only guy I know of that offers a lot of performance stuff for Saab. The rest comes from other sites like partsforsaabs.com, but they are located in the UK so you pay some high shipping costs.

And in regards to a video clip I couldnít find one with the purpose of the exhaust. If you YouTube Saab BSR you can find a black Saab with the BSR PPC and exhaust. You can hear it when he is speeding around etc.

I will tell you from personal experience that the BSR exhaust is really quiet in the sense of what you expect from an aftermarket exhaust. Itís made to add some extra power and still keep the low profile sound. Itís only a few dec louder than stock, but looks great and definitely makes a difference in performance.