SaabCentral Forums banner

Flashing ecl light

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  KEMYST 
#1 ·
My apologies if this sounds a little complicated but this is my first post. The ecl light had been on for some time but the car was driving perfectly. A fortnight ago the engine just died on me and the RAC towed me to my local garage. They found that one of the coils in the ignition cassette was faulty and had cracked the cassette body. Up to this point the ecl was not flashing. They put in a new ignition module and the car went OK for a few days then engine light came on all the time and then started flashing at revs over 3000. I took the car back to the garage and their scanner read that there was a faulty cam position sensor and that there had been a misfire on cyl 3 (Strangly that was where the original fault was.). They replaced the new ignition module with another new ignition module and the car again seemed to go fine for a few days. I have my own scanner and have just come back from a 50 mile trip and the light is flashing at high revs again again. The car is driving perfectly and the light is not on at all when driving under 50mph. I have put my scanner on it and there are no stored codes but the pending codes state that there is a faulty cam sensor again and that now there is a misfire on cyl 2! I have filled the tank with super-unleaded and also added a bottle of injector cleaning fluid but to no effect. I`m not mean - honestly but the nearest Saab expert is about 20 miles away. I`ve lost a little faith in my garage to be honest. Can anyone give me some indicators? A loose lead or a vacuum leak? I can find anything like this fault on any forum. Thanks in advance for any help! Incidentally the car is running just fine - no apparent problems at all!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.