19t upgrade for a 2006 9-5 aero [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 19t upgrade for a 2006 9-5 aero

damninhell
25th April 2012, 07:23 AM
I just bought a 2006 saab 9-5 aero and wanted to know if there are any problems when upgrading the td04 15t to a td04 19t ( freshly rebuilt and balance).I read that the available tune upgrade is only 10 hp (from 260 to a tune of 270 according to GS, before the 3" dp) so i rather want the longevity of this turbo more than the power and am planning to sell the left over turbo along with extra parts including the 06 king cobra pipe, viggen injector, 6cm exhaust housing and bigger inlet pipe as a package here later ;ol;. I was planning to install this turbo on my 1999 but traded it in.

Also can any one estimate a price for the package deal on these part :
the td04 15t w/ 6cm exhaust housing, 06 king cobra pipe, and viggen injectors as a package.

or a the td04 19t w/ 6cm exhaust housing, 06 king cobra pipe, and viggen injectors as a package.

Cark
25th April 2012, 07:45 AM
I just bought a 2006 saab 9-5 aero and wanted to know if there are any problems when upgrading the td04 15t to a td04 19t ( freshly rebuilt and balance).I read that the available tune upgrade are only 10 hp (from 260 to a tune of 270 according to GS, before the 3" dp) so i rather want the longevity of this turbo more than the power and am planning to sell the left over turbo along with extra parts including the 06 king cobra pipe, viggen injector, 6cm exhaust housing and bigger inlet pipe as a package here later ;ol;. I was planning to install this turbo on my 1999 but traded it in.

Also can any one estimate a price for the package deal on these part :
the td04 15t w/ 6cm exhaust housing, 06 king cobra pipe, viggen injector, and bigger inlet pipe as a package.

or a the td04 19t w/ 6cm exhaust housing, 06 king cobra pipe, viggen injector, and bigger inlet pipe as a package.

Why would you sell all of the hardware that you would want to go along with your new turbo??? I'm confused. And why put the 19t in if you don't really want more power?

I think you need to figure out what YOU want, before asking other people what you should do.

damninhell
26th April 2012, 04:37 AM
All i really want to know is if the 19t with the 6cm hot housing will mess up my pistons due to a misreading from the maf sensor to the ecu or suffer any other failure. Or should my ecu be properly tuned first.

Cark
26th April 2012, 07:37 AM
It won't mess anything up... it will recognize the turbo pushing more air and adapt things back to normal-ish. I had my car tuned when it was bone stock, and swapped my 15t for an 18t and haven't had it retuned yet. The car runs great, and while the 18t does pull longer than the 15t did, without being tuned it's definitely not doing anything near what's it's capable of.

If you're not going to utilize the 19t, why not sell it for $$$ and just run at 15t? You will notice a bit more spool time with the 19t.