Are these guys pulling my leg? Ignition Grounding? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Are these guys pulling my leg? Ignition Grounding?

Saba
01-03-04, 07:20 AM
http://www.importscene.com.au/prod566.htm

PIVOT SUPER EARTH UNIVERSAL 3m Kit

Increases Torque at Low and Middle Speeds
Improves Engine Response
Increases Headlight Brightness
Improves Bass Sound

PIVSE-3m This kit is designed for custom installation of the Pivot Super Earth Grounding System. Three metre long cables can be cut to match any car or any system. Connectors are included, but are not crimped to the cables. This allows the cables to be installed at any length.

With all of the engineering going into modern cars, a strange thing has been overlooked by manufacturers. A good grounding system dedicated specifically to the ignition. It may not seem like much, but by installing these wires you will see an increase in power, brighter lights, and improved sound quality. You may be sceptical, but PIVOT tested the system on several cars, some with already great ignition systems (Lexus). We saw increases as much as 7 foot lbs. and 5 horsepower throughout the rev range. Not bad for a few ground wires.

joshd2012
01-03-04, 01:52 PM
I can't see how a ground wire could increase power, let alone HP and Torque.

chubbs_mcfatty
01-03-04, 02:29 PM
I also have a rock that when you install in the trunk increases HP by 5. Who wants to buy my rock? :roll:
Someone is selling snake oil. There is no way some ground wires can increase your HP or torque.

Daly Saab
01-03-04, 10:29 PM
Well, if your car has *really* bad wiring that's rusted or something, it can effect the strength of your spark. However, $136.06 for a bit of cable? Nah.

My Pegasus racing supply catalog lists 4 gauge battery cable for $1.29 per foot and ring terminals for $0.99 each. For $5 you could make your own super-duper ground cable and get the same 0.05 HP increase that this kit will realistically give you.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pdfs/046.pdf