SaabCentral Forums banner

Need some help figuring out my 2010 Aero

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  bringer 
#1 ·
Just traded in my 2003 9-5 Aero for a 2010. Had 162000 on it and it was getting tired...needed lots of stuff but engine and tranny were still strong. I take customers in my car and it was kind of beat up. Dealer gave me an incredible price according to my local indie.

It is pretty loaded up with HK stereo, nav, HUD, and such, but how do I figure out if it has the hard drive option?. My 2010 did not have any of that stuff...just a aux cable I soldered into the tape deck pins.

Dealer claimed it did but he was not a saab dealer and we did not get a chance to verify.

Any tips or hidden things I should know about?

#4 ·
I got it working, thanks.

I am having trouble loading songs though. Sometimes it works, other times it never finishes reading/indexing the USB drive so I can never record it. I have tried with 60 songs on the root of a formerly blank usb drive or with 320. Sometimes it works, other times nothing. Not sure what the issue is.

Ordered a used iPod 5 and will try that.

Other than this, I love the car. It does not feel like it is as fast as it should be for having 300hp though. Must be that extra weight it is lugging around now. Handling wise, it is amazing. The XWD makes it handle about as good as my old BMW 330i when I get into the throttle. Not is nimble or natural, but really composed and it goes where you point it. Could use some better tires than the Conti's that are on it.

It looks good too. I have the silver color and it really compliments the shape. A co-worker saw it and went nuts. She had never seen one and could not believe the price I got it for. She drives a Lexus LS430 and is bored with it I guess.

Thanks again for the help.

#6 ·
Got it figured out. The car does not like mp3 files that don't have metatag info (title, artist, etc). When I run the files through a tag editor and make sure they all have tags, the files work fine.

Strange, but that is how it works. Thanks for the help folks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.