ECU upgrade on 2004 (information if you are doing this) [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: ECU upgrade on 2004 (information if you are doing this)

Lanceber
28th February 2004, 02:41 PM
PPC upgrade on a 2004 95's but could hold true for other types of ECU upgrades:

Me and friend have found that on the 2004 95's you will need to install two clamps on a tube/hose line. This line is a crank case vent tube/hose that has a one way valve in it. You will need to install a clamp where this tube/hose connects to the throttle body at the lower front part. Also you will need to install a clamp where this tube/hose meets the white one way valve. This is very easy to see if you remove the black plastic cover by the oil dip stick and TB. There are several black tubes/hose connected to the TB, this is one of the only without a clamp??? it is also one of the biggest. It is located in the front and is the lowest of them all.

If you do not clamp this, then when you give it full throttle the tube/hose can pop off under the pressure after some time. Took my car around 4 days then it started popping off.

Lance from Houston
2004 Steel Grey 95 5spM, PPC-3, 18" Ronal LV's

Mattlach
1st June 2004, 02:40 PM
What are the sympoms of this cap popping off?

--Matt

Lanceber
1st June 2004, 04:02 PM
Very bad engine performance......you will know when it comes off by how bad the car runs.

Lance

XAAMOTTOMAAX
4th June 2004, 08:41 PM
You are running stage 3 correct? Is this something that will affect stage 1 cars as well?

Lanceber
5th June 2004, 01:16 AM
Yes and yes, my buddy has the same car with Stage 1 and he had the problem before me. His in an Auto Tranny and Mine is a 5sp. Not sure if that made a diff. but other then that and the staqge they are the same.

Lance