I GOT THE MAGNAFLOW PUT ON TODAY!! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: I GOT THE MAGNAFLOW PUT ON TODAY!!

CallipNCSUsaab
27th February 2004, 06:17 PM
I told you all I was feeling irrational today, and boy am I glad I was.

Its a beautiful deep tone. I have already gotten 3 compliments *one including the installer, ha* Its VERY deep I didnt expect this on the 4 cylinder turbo.

I want to have a video file/audio sample. Can anyone host this if I send it to them somehow. NOt sure how much I can send via email with outlook express and my server.

Pictures to come later tonight.

CrankCase
27th February 2004, 08:23 PM
Congratulations - you finally didi it! :cheesy:

Could you also post some audio/video clips of the sound level from INSIDE the car, thanks.

SaabAnimal
27th February 2004, 08:49 PM
Nice Going!!! I'd love to hear/see and audio/video sample. I have been going back and forth on what to do with the exhaust...and a deep tone is exactly what I'm after. Do you notice any difference with throttle response or overall power. Also, would you mind mentioning how much it cost for both the muffler and the install. Thanks

03_Saab 9-3
27th February 2004, 10:17 PM
Sweet... i cant wait to get mine put on, i love that its VERY deep!

CallipNCSUsaab
29th February 2004, 11:41 AM
Here is a pic if it. The video I have is at night so I am going to wait and take one during the day. Thanks to those who offered to help put it up. I am going to d-load a ftp client so I can send it since I dont think it will send via email. Any reccomendations on a good free and no spy/free-ware junk?

http://www.brentroad.com/photos/00236443.jpg

I was able to leave my bumper how I like it. I wanted the tips a little closer to the bumper but they said I could move them at any point if I like.

Yeah, my car is disgusting right now because we got about 6 inches of snow and the state freaked out and dumped tons of salt in my neighborhood.

joshd2012
29th February 2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the pic. I can't wait to hear it.

As for an FTP client, try SmartFTP. Its free and works great.

03_Saab 9-3
29th February 2004, 01:41 PM
Looks nice, a nice DTM tip is always good. SmartFTP or WSFtpLE... ipswitch.com (i personally use WSFtp)

CallipNCSUsaab
1st March 2004, 01:16 AM
http://home.nc.rr.com/callip/

this is by far the worst video clip I have. More to come... I might go do another one now (still night time and with a cold engine)

I did not really press the gas much at all on this clip. I plan on doing one from inside the cabin for those wondering.

And more from the outside once I can get a "camera man/woman"

CrankCase
1st March 2004, 07:02 AM
Sounds really deep and bassy! Doesn't have that sharp edge that some Japanese imports do.

Can you have a normal tone conversation while accelerating thru the gears, with that exhaust in the background?

How about on the freeway at around 80mph cruising - normal conversation possible?

Thanks for posting the videos!

Jet 9-3
1st March 2004, 08:36 AM
http://home.nc.rr.com/callip/

this is by far the worst video clip I have. More to come... I might go do another one now (still night time and with a cold engine)

I did not really press the gas much at all on this clip. I plan on doing one from inside the cabin for those wondering.

And more from the outside once I can get a "camera man/woman"

Sounds real good. What model magnafflow is that? I think I'll go this route (without the added hassle of cutting out the bumper. If you get a chance, can you show a shot from behind the car (maybe 20 feet back, from eye level)?

Also, did you buy it online, or just order thru the muffler shop? Looks like the online prices are around $125 or so. I'd rather just have the local shop order it and put it on, unless it's much more expensive that way .

Andy93SS
1st March 2004, 11:27 AM
Do you get anything in the cabin as far as resonating and trim vibrating, my car is already rattly.

sjhudon
1st March 2004, 11:32 AM
Can someone post a link to where I can buy this online? Also how much did you pay to have it installed?

mav238
1st March 2004, 12:32 PM
I told you all I was feeling irrational today, and boy am I glad I was.

Its a beautiful deep tone. I have already gotten 3 compliments *one including the installer, ha* Its VERY deep I didnt expect this on the 4 cylinder turbo.

I want to have a video file/audio sample. Can anyone host this if I send it to them somehow. NOt sure how much I can send via email with outlook express and my server.

Pictures to come later tonight.

Very nice, Callip. :D

Nice that you confirm what I have been experiencing with my MAGNAFLOW, the deep tone sound... It gets even better when you accelerate through the first 4 gears. Like you observed, it is not anything like the ricey japanese aftermarket muffler sound, more european like instead.

Cattivo
1st March 2004, 07:10 PM
Im sold! Congratulations!

CallipNCSUsaab
2nd March 2004, 09:51 AM
^^^
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/mirrorfinish/streetseries.htm

it is #14803 for those wondering.

about the question of conversations in the car.. yeah, that is no problem at all unless I am really getting on it after I have reached a stop. But really, if you are doing this.. you arent having a deep conversation with the lady beside you.

I wouldn t mess with the resonator unless you want to try the magnaflow glasspack like moz mentioned.

About the vibration in the car.. I have experienced none excpet once and I was really dogging the car.. it only lasted for a few seconds in a low gear rapidly acclerating.

I am going to take some more videos today and replace the videos on the site now. I will let you guys know just in case you all want to see some new stuff.

Callip

Jet 9-3
2nd March 2004, 11:23 AM
it is #14803 for those wondering.

I can get it for $135 at a distributor that's pretty close to my house (or $127 delivered from eBay). Not bad.

One other question: Did they have to bend any pipes, or was it just cut, connect and hang it? How long did it take them? (OK, that was 2 questions. :lol: )

CallipNCSUsaab
2nd March 2004, 11:36 AM
they cut it.. put in about a 4 inch piece and the new muffler. It took 15 minutes from the start to finish I kid you not. I stood and helped/watched the whole time.

Jet 9-3
2nd March 2004, 11:43 AM
they cut it.. put in about a 4 inch piece and the new muffler. It took 15 minutes from the start to finish I kid you not. I stood and helped/watched the whole time.

Cool. Thanks a lot

solid155
2nd March 2004, 02:01 PM
Can someone post a link to where I can buy this online? Also how much did you pay to have it installed?

i ordered mine yesterday from my local muffler shop. i basically went to magnaflow's website, under 'dealers' you key in your zip code and it should give you numerous local shops. mine cost $200 part (#14833) and install. should come in today and installed tomorrow.

moz
2nd March 2004, 02:46 PM

i ordered mine yesterday from my local muffler shop. i basically went to magnaflow's website, under 'dealers' you key in your zip code and it should give you numerous local shops. mine cost $200 part (#14833) and install. should come in today and installed tomorrow.

Hate to be a party pooper but that is way too high for that part. I got it for $100 shipped, it's available readily online for much cheaper than $200. Just a heads-up unless it's too late :)

solid155
2nd March 2004, 03:04 PM
moz,
thx for the heads-up. $200 is part and installation. that's the cheapest out of 4 shops i called in my area. took one day to order and ship. will be installed tomorrow. i think anywhere from $150-$200 for part and installation is a good price.

moz
2nd March 2004, 03:17 PM
Ah. sorry I misunderstood. That's a fair price. Post pictures and a report once you get it done!

03_Saab 9-3
2nd March 2004, 03:17 PM
I went for the muffler (SS mirrored) and the 3" oval magnaflow tip.. muffler was $87 online and tip was $40 online.