Usps [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Usps

9-3gotboostAERO
28-03-12, 11:30 AM
God am I sick of this company.
I've been selling parts on here a long time, there have been minor issues before, but what has happened lately is appalling.

I went to send a few parts to a member here, teller completely messed up the address so I get a return to sender a week later. I thought these days with package and address confirmations it would have never happened and atleast happen quicker then that. But its minor, so this time I take care of the address and make sure everything is correct. Its been two weeks since then, the member hasn't received the parts and usps can't locate the package.

Now I'm in a paypal dispute and basically have too refund the money even though nobody has a clue where the parts are. I'm also struggling with this craphole of a company to get compensation for shipping costs. I've never been in a dispute for money before ask anybody thats bought stuff from me.

Unbelievable, end rant.

furgs
28-03-12, 11:41 AM
Good luck with that. The usps is a government agency. That is like working with the dmv. Wait until the govt is managing health care...

earthworm
28-03-12, 12:06 PM
Our USPS is not without its problems.But our nation also has some problems, where Zimmermans walk among us with their guns and where some people are, well, just plain sloppy, with their work or with their communications.
Both private and public business need to be babysat as we do not know when a sloppy man will do his thing and lose a box or mess up with an address.
And I can be quite sloppy myself......
Our USPS can be at 99.99% , yet we hear of the 00.0001 %....thats life..:cheesy:

furgs
28-03-12, 12:10 PM
Our USPS is not without its problems.But our nation also has some problems, where Zimmermans walk among us with their guns and where some people are, well, just plain sloppy, with their work or with their communications.
Both private and public business need to be babysat as we do not know when a sloppy man will do his thing and lose a box or mess up with an address.
Our USPS can be at 99.99% , yet we hear of the 00.0001 %....thats life..:cheesy:
Zimmerman? What exactly do you know about what happened that night?
It appears like it is too soon to make a judgement on what happened that evening....

9-3gotboostAERO
28-03-12, 12:17 PM
Every job has its faults no doubt, but its becoming a consistent thing with usps

awjones
28-03-12, 01:30 PM
dont think UPS or FedEx are any better....

mad-machine
28-03-12, 05:58 PM
UPS is good until they damage something.. then it is almost impossible to get a claim out of them.

I had an issue with FED-EX years ago.. I will not use them because of it. I had the head of my fiat sent to the UK to Guy Croft. Gave it a nice "rally" spec with a nice port and polish and cams..

It got lost on the docks.

took me 9 months of going back and forth on value before I finally settled for an amount less than it was worth

wrestrepo
28-03-12, 06:32 PM
Good luck with that. The usps is a government agency. That is like working with the dmv. Wait until the govt is managing health care...
The Government already manages some health care institutions, like the VA for example. It works fine, there are flaws like there are in every institution...if that was a shot at the health care reform law, there is nothing in there that suggest that the Government is "taking over"

yep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCPHHg7A1cs

Norm95
28-03-12, 08:15 PM

+1 for post of the day. I love it!

Norm95
28-03-12, 08:48 PM

Not a fan of usps or most gov agencies. But I will say Florida, and other state's, firearm laws are working. Five days or after the incident and no one is charged. We need more states to adopt similar laws like Florida, Colorado and Ohio.

BobSaabit
28-03-12, 09:39 PM
Not a fan of usps or most gov agencies. But I will say Florida, and other state's, firearm laws are working. Five days or after the incident and no one is charged. We need more states to adopt similar laws like Florida, Colorado and Ohio.

You mean so we can unjustly shoot more unarmed people? Yeah, that's working. Of course, in states where it's considered illegal to shoot black people the process might be going differently.

BobSaabit
28-03-12, 09:50 PM

I used to get shipments of boxes of a dozen or more books regularly... like more than one every week. UPS never delivered one that wasn't damaged. In fact, to this day, I don't think I've ever gotten a shipment of anything via UPS where the carton wasn't damaged even if the merchandise within wasn't.

A few years later I ran into a guy who worked at the local UPS distribution center and I learned why. Their only mission was "sort the freight". They regularly threw packages 30 feet across the warehouse to sort them and get them to trucks. The management made it clear that they did not run "a fragile shipping system" and any damage to contents was either not their fault or was worth the cost of getting everything sorted and on the trucks. As for the drivers, "drop and run"... which is often "throw and run" is their policy - again, lost or damaged shipments are just a cost of doing business for them. They could not care less.

FEDX, otoh, rarely delivered a damaged carton. Eventually I had most of my suppliers using FEDX ground because it always arrived on time and the shipments were always intact.

Recently I had an important overnight shipment that did not arrive by noon. Called FEDX and they found that it was missing... but within 15 minutes they tracked it down, found the truck it was on, and got it transferred to another truck that brought it directly to me in another 20 minutes - all the time apologizing for the delay. They could not have been more helpful, attentive, or courteous.

ctviggen
29-03-12, 12:15 AM

When the goverment takes away our right to bare arms only the criminals will have guns, its almost like saying cars kill people so should cars be illegal or baseball bats can kill people so should they be illegal also. its not the item its the people, and nobody knows whats going on with the case but the panthers have the 10K reward out for zimmerman how is that not racist when if the KKK put out a bounty it would automatically be racist!, This country has such a double standard its appaling / rant

furgs
29-03-12, 06:43 AM
When the goverment takes away our right to bare arms only the criminals will have guns, its almost like saying cars kill people so should cars be illegal or baseball bats can kill people so should they be illegal also. its not the item its the people, and nobody knows whats going on with the case but the panthers have the 10K reward out for zimmerman how is that not racist when if the KKK put out a bounty it would automatically be racist!, This country has such a double standard its appaling / rant

Agreed. We are a nation with a double standard. Unfortunately, it is not better elsewhere in the world. It might be the same or worse elsewhere.

Imagine living in Russia. I think it that would be catastrophic. Yikes. Talk about a corrupt place to live in.
What is this post abou again?

Bryce804
29-03-12, 07:19 AM
a little back on topic. I got 2 packages yesterday, one through ups and the other usps. Both arrived on time and undamaged. Thats why you always insure anything you ship, because these things do happen.

lexington01
29-03-12, 09:32 AM
I've never really had a problem with the USPS. As government agencies go, I think they are by FAR the best.

morinc1
29-03-12, 09:49 AM
The Government already manages some health care institutions, like the VA for example. It works fine, there are flaws like there are in every institution...if that was a shot at the health care reform law, there is nothing in there that suggest that the Government is "taking over"

yep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCPHHg7A1cs

What he said. Republicans in Congress love to rail against "government-run" health care but they themselves are covered under a government-run plan and their health coverage bar-none in the best coverage in the world. A Senator a few years ago was asked about this. He was railing against the poor state of VA healthcare in this country (how the U.S. governemt does a lousy job running healthcare...blah, blah, blah) as an example of how horrible government-run healthcare can be so he was asked why he hasn't supported a plan for veterans that mimicked the health care plan Congress has. He had no answer even though earlier in the interview he admitted that his coverage was far superior than what they or anyone else have. Pure hypocrisy.