SaabCentral Forums banner

Radio and Sat Nav remembering issues

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  cdyoung 
#1 ·
I've had my car now about a month, I've loved it in every way so far except I am having issues with the Radio and the Sat nav remembering incorrectly ( in my opinion ).

First radio. I have a bunch of music stored on my HDD, my radio seems to get stuck remembering what I was listening to at a certain point in the past. For instance right now everytime I get in and start up the car I get a Jay-Z song at lets say 1:23 seconds blasting at some volume I must have had at one point or another. I change the track, change the mode, change everything during driving and still everytime I get in same song same time same volume. This hasn't always been the same song one time it was another song and I'm not sure what changed to where it is now.

Second issue is with sat nav. everytime I hit address entry it starts me off in Washington DC. I live in NY all of the addresses i've entered including one I have stored is in NY. It also is weird about not saving my previously visited addresses in reverts back to old ones, doesn't store new ones, it even erased my actual saved addresses from address book once.

Anyone else seeing this?

#2 ·
Yes - I am seeing the same thing with the NAV and DC in my 2010. It also will not set permanently to the new time. Both the NAV and Time will change while I drive, but once I start the car again they go back to the wrong settings. So far, dealer is not sure what the problem is.

Only other issue I have is that sometimes the heated seats will not work. The dealer fixed those once already, but issue still pops up from time to time.

#5 ·
Have you tried resetting the time with the car not running, just with the ACC on? That worked for me.

I think the heated seat problem has to do with the battery. If the battery is showing a low reading the car will start to temporarily disable high draw accessories, seats being the first, I believe. It's happened to me a couple of times but they come back after I have driven the car turned it off and next time restarted the car.

Not sure if that helps,
YMMV

JTMav

#3 ·
Guys, I had the same issue, I have one of the first made 2010 Aero's(#862), the symptoms were the same, I'm afraid the answer is they have to replace the radio. The original radio had the griffen logo appear when you start the car, the radio they replaced it with has "SAAB" appear which I think was a later version. I believe this was a fairly common issue. I also had to have the heating pad replaced in the driver seat, so that may be a common issue as well.

#4 ·
Hmm what appears on the screen Griffen vs new saab logo would be all software and have nothing to do with hardware. I talked to a guy in a local shop and he said it would be a reflash to fix this. He could flash it with the latest updates, etc and reset all of the features.

The operating system and the software that runs the radio sat nav, etc is all stored on a portion of the internal harddrive I would imagine this could be fixed this way. Thoughts?

#9 ·
DBV, again, what your describing is exactlywhat mine was doing, time would not keep, previous destinations in Nav would come back but not remember recent ones.. and the heat in driver seat would shut off after a few minutes. The dealer in Atlanta is pretty solid(Jim Ellis) and they tried a few different things and ended up they had to replace the radio and the heating pad I'm sorry to say.

I cringe every day when I start it worring about some unique .25 cent part shutting down the car, but it is a great car. Have had it for 15 months and have yet to see another in Atlanta.

#10 ·
Thanks - dealer called and they are going to replace the radio/nav. They also replaced the heating pad last year - maybe it is going bad again.

I was reading on the Lacrosse forums since they use the same/similar NAV in that car and they have the same issues some of us are experiencing. They had a software update that helped fix some of their issues and others had their radio/nav replaced only to have the same problem happen a year later.

#11 ·
Use the Voice Recognition instead

Hello I also have the 2010 9-5 Aero and see Washington D.C. as the default location. If you use the button on the steering wheel you can do the following.

1. After you hear the beep, say "destination"
2. Again after the instructional command and the beep say "change state"

This has helped me but I still see the Washington D.C. default every-time I try to use the Nav. However I have not read the owners manual yet so I'm sure there is a way to change the default location setting.

#12 ·
I'm seeing similar problems with my 2010 9-5 sat nav as well. I also have the clock issue as many other posters here. Then, a couple of months ago the default city changed to Washington D.C. and no matter what I've tried I can't get it to stay on the last city I entered.

The second problem is with the radio stations. About the same time the default city and clock issues started, I noticed that the last tuned radio station was not the one that would be active when the car was re-started later. In fact, the radio station always goes to my first preset AM station. I can't help but think these are all related in some way to the operating software (firmware) on the HDD.

#13 ·
Hey y'all this issue is one that Saab Parts is well aware of and it is in fact just a software issue with a simple CD or USB drive update process. Problem is in the states you really have to know someone who knows someone in order to get it. Nav has a couple issues and the non-nav is buggy and happens to always list one day later on the date.

The only way we can fix this is call Saab Parts and complain. Replacement radios are available from them but I'm sure we all want the easy software update.

Rumor has it that at least Saab Parts NA is starting up a software dev department to work on this and continue to refine our own engine computers as most of the issues we have would have been completely covered and eventually eliminated would there have still been a company to back it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.