SaabCentral Forums banner

headlamp washers

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sambub 
#1 ·
Mine don't seem to work, even with headlamps on. Anyone else? I think I will live with it if it involves anything to do with the computer being hooked up at the dealer.

#3 ·
LOL! Yeah, you don't need anymore run-ins with the computer. I've been meaning to try to test the headlamp washers but with my little rug rats, we're hardly ever out of the house past 6pm. It's crazy, I feel like an old person. We eat @ 5, bedtime @ 930. Although I suppose with the headlights turned on the washers should work day or night. Are they possibly supposed to work every third time, like Bimmers?

#5 ·
I haven't tested any of this myself so I'm not sure how accurate this info is. I have noticed my headlamp washers function a few times and was curious why they weren't turning on every time I used the windshield washer.

- The headlamps will be spayed only as a result of an extended windshield wash switch activation (no clue what qualifies as extended)
- To preserve washer fluid, this feature will only work with high or low beams activated
- After the initial headlamp wash, the feature will not function for the next 4 windshield wash activations or for 48 hours (whichever comes first)
- If a stuck front wash switch condition is detected, the feature will be disabled

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.