6th Annual TST Spring Meet 4/22/12 -- Warminster, Pa [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 6th Annual TST Spring Meet 4/22/12 -- Warminster, Pa

FiveStar
20-03-12, 01:49 AM
Who: TriStateTuners.com (http://www.tristatetuners.com/)
What: 6th Annual Spring Meet
Where: Bristol Rd and Hatboro Rd in Warminster, Pa 18974
When: Sunday April 22, 2012
Why: Benefiting Make-A-Wish (free admission, donations appreciated)

Event Thread: http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2120931

I went to this for the first time last year and saw about 5 other saabs, there was a total of about 1,500 cars and it only gets bigger every year, so they moved the location to an old Air Field/Runway and are expecting 2,000+ cars this year. Cars can vary from someone in their moms mini van to Fully kitted Nissan GT-R's, basically Rice to Exotics with a majority being very nicely built cars.

if you youtube "tst sonic meet" there are a bunch of videos from past years to get the idea. here is a pretty good one from 2011 when there was around 1500 cars, but the video was focused around the "VIP" sections (car the pre-registered)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eNutmrr4No

Matt1488
20-03-12, 08:26 AM
This is that sonic meet that use to be in Morgan town right?

mckpat03
20-03-12, 09:34 AM
I believe that is correct. It was way too big to stay at Sonic from what I had seen. I would really love to make it to this meet some year. Maybe this year, who knows.

FiveStar
20-03-12, 03:01 PM
This is that sonic meet that use to be in Morgan town right?

yup. like said below, with the amount of cars, the sunday shoppers literally had no where to park. this year being on the old air strip, will give everyone enough space and not cause the public to catch the shaft.

I believe that is correct. It was way too big to stay at Sonic from what I had seen. I would really love to make it to this meet some year. Maybe this year, who knows.

yea, this year is a lot closer to me, so ill definitely go again. the variety of cars is pretty decent.

Matt1488
20-03-12, 03:40 PM
Ya the local car scene up here will be meeting up and rolling down. So far we have about 250+ cars

FiveStar
20-03-12, 04:00 PM
Ya the local car scene up here will be meeting up and rolling down. So far we have about 250+ cars

nice, yea last year when i went (first time) there was about a 2mile line on the shoulder waiting to take the exit:o. there was a caravan from KoP last year and it was about 200+ cars.

with the new location i feel like the traffic heading in should be a bit more controlled.

mckpat03
20-03-12, 09:46 PM

nice, yea last year when i went (first time) there was about a 2mile line on the shoulder waiting to take the exit:o. there was a caravan from KoP last year and it was about 200+ cars.

with the new location i feel like the traffic heading in should be a bit more controlled.

That blows my mind. But, this meet always looks like a ton of fun in the pictures that get posted on TST. Always looks like some crazy cars of some kind end up making it.

mckpat03
24-03-12, 07:33 PM
Taken from TriState's "promotion" thread:

http://www.tristatetuners.com/images/springmeet2012/flyer.jpg (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2120931)
**To see the original thread on TST with the most up to date info and discussion, please go to:
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2120931**

Everyone's favorite springtime event is back for the 6th year in a row!
This year we are at a new location which is much bigger and can handle the huge turnout we continue to get each year. There is a ton of potential at the new location and we are really looking forward to having the space to park cars in a more organized way. And don't worry, we're setting up some great food vendors to be on site so that no one goes hungry.
There will be a huge variety of cars, a ton of great raffles, vendors on site, food available, and it is all helping to raise money for Make-A-Wish.

Last year was an amazing turnout with over 2,000 cars in attendance and $10,000. We can't wait to do it all again this year, trying to top last year's awesome turnout.
There will be many worthwhile and fun ways to donate at the event so please keep that in mind so we can raise as much money as possible.

RSVP to the event and invite your friends on Facebook
Check out our Officlal Facebook Event Page for The 6th Annual TriStateTuners Spring Meet (http://www.facebook.com/events/291861254219402/). Please visit and RSVP there to show everyone that you're planning to be at the meet. After you RSVP make sure to invite all of your friends on Facebook to make sure that everyone knows about it!
While you're on Facebook, you can Like TST's Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/tristatetuners) too!

Who we are benefiting
This year we have again chosen to benefit the local region of Make-A-Wish. They have been great to work with for the past 2 events and we are looking forward to working with them again to benefit children right from our local area. They will have a representative on site at the event so feel free to say hello or ask them any questions you might have. For more info on Make-A-Wish please visit www.wish.org

The Spring Meet Website
Our totally new Spring Meet website is coming soon!

How to Donate: See the many ways listed below that you can donate at the event:

*Donate by buying a Spring Meet t-shirt: For the second year we will be offering limited edition event tshirts. We are working on an awesome new design now and they will be available for purchase at the meet for $15 each and will be available from XS up to XXXL, but make sure to get yours at the beginning of the day to make sure to get the size you want. All proceeds from Sonic Meet shirt sales will be donated to Make-A-Wish.

*Donate by getting VIP Reserved Parking: We have made VIP Reserved Parking at the front of the main lot available to those who are willing to make a $25 donation prepaid via Paypal. This will ensure your car is close to all the action. We may have a limited amount of spots for people at the gate, but when they fill up they're gone, so we recommend prepaying for this if you are interested. Those who choose this option will also receive $10 worth of raffle tickets as a bonus.
To reserve your VIP Parking spot today please CLICK HERE (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6NZU6HQ28TVKJ) to make your donation via Paypal.

*Donate by buying TST Merchandise during the meet: 25% of all TST Merchandise sales at the event will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish.

*Donate by buying raffle tickets for a chance to win great prizes: Enter to win some incredible prizes we've managed to collect... we will announce these prizes soon so you can look forward to them at the meet. All proceeds from raffle ticket sales will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish.

*Donate by being on the lookout for the donation jars around the event to just drop a couple bucks in: it all adds up, especially with the number of people who will be at the event so please consider dropping a dollar or five into the donation jar! All money collected will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish.

*Donate by purchasing food at the event: We are working with a variety of food vendors to make sure everyone has the option to eat some good food at the event this year, and a portion of the food sales from the event will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish.

Raffle Prizes
Thanks to our great sponsors, we are collecting a ton of great raffle prizes to award to meet attendees. We will post this list as the meet draws nearer so you know what you can look forward to!

Caravans
Many very large caravans are organized for this event each year, so be on the look out for one that originates in your area to join in on the fun.
If you have organized a caravan and would like it added to this list, please post in the thread with a link to your caravan thread for it to be added.
King of Prussia, PA Caravan Thread (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123910)
Delaware County, PA Caravan Thread (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123963)
Lehigh Valley, PA Caravan (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124041)

Parking
We will attach a map with the layout of the event including the entrance/exit, vendor area, food, VIP parking area, and spectator parking areas as the event draws nearer so you know what to expect!

Event Sponsors and Donors Wanted!
We're still looking for sponsors for the event to make a donation and/or provide items to raffle off so if anyone reading this is interested or knows someone who might be, please email TheSonicMeet@TriStateTuners.com for more info. All proceeds are going to Make A Wish, and this is a great opportunity to give back to the community in a fun way!

We hope everyone can make it, but for those who aren't able to you can still donate by mailing a check or via Paypal at SpringMeet@TriStateTuners.com

Please contact the organizers at SpringMeet@TriStateTuners.com if you have any questions, suggestions, or interest in getting involved.
Looking forward to it, and hoping everyone comes out to enjoy the day with us.

chefhashpipe
27-03-12, 04:04 PM
I'm a first time saab owner and I am excited to see a get to gether this close to my house and on a day I have off from work. Looking forward to bringing my little jet down. Hope to see a few saabs their to get some ideas. Thanks for posting.

kanundrum
03-04-12, 06:50 AM
I will probably hit this up as I will most likely be on my way back from boston.

FiveStar
03-04-12, 02:27 PM
I'm a first time saab owner and I am excited to see a get to gether this close to my house and on a day I have off from work. Looking forward to bringing my little jet down. Hope to see a few saabs their to get some ideas. Thanks for posting.

Cool, I'm sure it is going to be real hectic with parking, but I should be out there with my 93, if I don't head over as a passenger with a buddy.

I will probably hit this up as I will most likely be on my way back from boston.

Nice, that's works out pretty well for you.

greenydsm
03-04-12, 02:29 PM
I'll be there. Maybe i'll spy you taking pictures of my car again :)

Matt1488
03-04-12, 06:18 PM
I cant wait for this event.

kanundrum
10-04-12, 05:24 AM
Is anyone donating or will there be a saab specific parking or is it park as you come in type of thing?

Also does anyone know what time this starts and ends?

kanundrum
10-04-12, 05:28 AM
I donated $25 bucks for "VIP" parking.

Some how I think it will all be VIP lol but what evs going to a good cause.

greenydsm
10-04-12, 09:53 AM
I donated $25 bucks for "VIP" parking.

Some how I think it will all be VIP lol but what evs going to a good cause.

Its really hard to all park together. I'm rolling up with 200+ cars

FiveStar
10-04-12, 03:15 PM
Is anyone donating or will there be a saab specific parking or is it park as you come in type of thing?

Also does anyone know what time this starts and ends?

Starts at 11am ends at 4pm.

this is a new location so i have no idea how parking will be. if you paid for VIP, they will have a VIP section, so that certain # of saved spots probably right up front.

last year at the sonic/shopping center, its was chaotic, i saw some people just doing circle looking for a spot and that was both people at the show and people looking to get into walmart:lol: so hopefully this runway is super long and as people come in they just start lining up from beginning to end, so the earlier the better.

numbers are going to be rediculous.

greenydsm
10-04-12, 04:34 PM
Starts at 11am ends at 4pm.

this is a new location so i have no idea how parking will be. if you paid for VIP, they will have a VIP section, so that certain # of saved spots probably right up front.

last year at the sonic/shopping center, its was chaotic, i saw some people just doing circle looking for a spot and that was both people at the show and people looking to get into walmart:lol: so hopefully this runway is super long and as people come in they just start lining up from beginning to end, so the earlier the better.

numbers are going to be rediculous.

Agreed on the numbers...Our little caravan has grown 20+ cars over last year!

Matt1488
10-04-12, 07:29 PM
Suppossedly the runway can handle 5000+ cars from what im told. plus venders and food stalls.

greenydsm
10-04-12, 09:24 PM
Suppossedly the runway can handle 5000+ cars from what im told. plus venders and food stalls.

Matt, who are you cruising with?

Matt1488
10-04-12, 09:26 PM
some geese.

but we have about 150+ up here going. But our list keeps shrinking. There is a local show up here going on and alot are gonna go to that instead.

FiveStar
11-04-12, 08:14 PM
a little more than a week away;ol;

look forward to seeing kanundrum's X in the VIP!

nice, so shouldn't be a problem (fingers crossed :lol:)

9-3gotboostAERO
11-04-12, 11:04 PM
I'm on the fence i'm really trying to go but not sure if I can get off

kanundrum
13-04-12, 12:21 AM
See you folks there. Fivestar pm me with your contact info. Wanna say Hi at least!

kanundrum
21-04-12, 07:25 AM
Folks

Looks like 90% chance of rain tom....

Do you know if they are any contingencies?

FiveStar
21-04-12, 07:30 AM
Folks

Looks like 90% chance of rain tom....

Do you know if they are any contingencies?

They should make an announcement sometime today. Follow the link to the "event thread" in the first post (tristatetuners.com)

There is a rain date scheduled, even though a lot of people are saying they are going rain or shine:roll:, they will more then likely move it if it's going to rain most of the day.

Matt1488
21-04-12, 09:34 AM
Im not going. Im just gonna go to the local show up here. I forget when the rain date is but I think it's when Carlisle happens .

kanundrum
21-04-12, 02:36 PM
Looks like its canceled. Another time, think its 1 week before carlisle.

FiveStar
21-04-12, 03:38 PM
Looks like its canceled. Another time, think its 1 week before carlisle.

yup show is postponed

rain date is Saturday May 12th, no meet tomorrow!

Cartmn192
23-04-12, 11:58 PM
So I am totally going to this now that it's in May and can get off from work! ;ol;

FiveStar
26-04-12, 11:10 PM
So I am totally going to this now that it's in May and can get off from work! ;ol;

sweet.

lots of guys were complaining about the Carlisle show on the same day, but it was mostly honda guys, so maybe that will keep most of the shenanigans away from this meet.

2 weeks away;ol;

Cartmn192
29-04-12, 08:17 PM
sweet.

lots of guys were complaining about the Carlisle show on the same day, but it was mostly honda guys, so maybe that will keep most of the shenanigans away from this meet.

2 weeks away;ol;

Hope to see your car FiveStar!

FiveStar
06-05-12, 01:45 AM
1 More Week!

Hope to see your car FiveStar!

thanks, I'm hoping to have my new (to me) aero 10 spokes on by then :fingerscrossed:

Cartmn192
06-05-12, 07:39 PM
1 More Week!

thanks, I'm hoping to have my new (to me) aero 10 spokes on by then :fingerscrossed:

Hey and if you don't, you don't. I ordered new wheels for my ride but it's coming in about 2 weeks or so. I just painted my calipers today and should be putting in my drilled and slotted rotors with hawk pads this week. :D

Look forward to seeing your ride in person!

FiveStar
06-05-12, 09:10 PM
Hey and if you don't, you don't. I ordered new wheels for my ride but it's coming in about 2 weeks or so. I just painted my calipers today and should be putting in my drilled and slotted rotors with hawk pads this week. :D

Look forward to seeing your ride in person!

nice.

we should be picking a date for the KOP summer meet soon, but will probably wait until after Carlisle and let everything settle down, then pick a date. i hope to have my wheels, spacers and suspension done by then:cheesy: you can show off your new wheels there!

FiveStar
11-05-12, 04:00 PM
MEET IS TOMORROW! Saturday 5/12

hope to see some saabs out there representing!

unfortunalty ill be hidden in a back lot at the very end of the runway, since i'll be coming out a little late and i just don't care to deal with the chaos that will be going on at the one and only entrance.:o

so for those rolling out, wether it be with caravans or on your own, just be prepared for a pretty long line to get in if you arrive between 10:45-11:45.
***but a long line means A LOT of cars, so don't let this steer you away, this meet is going to be HUGE!

see everyone tomorrow!

kanundrum
11-05-12, 04:10 PM
Have fun folks!

FiveStar
12-05-12, 10:56 PM
pretty epic meet today, even though i rolled out late and got there around 1:30. I'd say there was easily around 1,500+ cars if not more and some pretty crazy ones.

here were 4 saabs that i found while walking around, even though there was more, but apparently i missed them:cry:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/fivestar_08/TST%20Spring%20Meet/DSC_3993.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/fivestar_08/TST%20Spring%20Meet/DSC_4082.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/fivestar_08/TST%20Spring%20Meet/DSC_4053.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/fivestar_08/TST%20Spring%20Meet/DSC_4000.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii47/fivestar_08/TST%20Spring%20Meet/DSC_4011.jpg