2010 Saab 9-5 Coolant [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 2010 Saab 9-5 Coolant

Ed Karp
6th March 2012, 03:53 PM
My low coolant warning light came on and the reservoir is low. What is the recommended over the counter coolant? Color looks yellow from my determination.

skibum_infdl
6th March 2012, 11:58 PM
Have you found a leak? My 2010 is low also and it looks like something is leaking. I wonder if the 2010 coolant reservoir has similar issues to the 9-3 V6 coolant reservoir.

Ed Karp
7th March 2012, 07:22 AM
Have you found a leak? My 2010 is low also and it looks like something is leaking. I wonder if the 2010 coolant reservoir has similar issues to the 9-3 V6 coolant reservoir.No, I haven't found a leak and I have to keep an eye on it. Did you have your coolant resevoir replaced?

Ed Karp
7th March 2012, 01:48 PM
My low coolant warning light came on and the reservoir is low. What is the recommended over the counter coolant? Color looks yellow from my determination.SAAB uses Dex-Cool in 2010 and 2011 models. I obtained this information from the dealer.

sambub
9th March 2012, 12:06 AM
Guys, please keep us posted on the source of the leaks. Any news yet? Thanks!

saabboy1
13th May 2012, 09:14 PM
For the second time in the last two days my low coolant light came on. After filling up the reservoir this morning with Dex Cool GM Prestone color Red, my light came on again about 10 minutes later. I noticed a pool of fluid under my car but it appeared to look more like water than coolant. I used the AC system for the first time this year yesterday which I believe to have triggered the light.

I must admit to smelling sweet maple syrup type smell from the AC vents. I called On-Star tech support and they ran a diagnostic report with "no faults found". The temperature gauge is normal but the coolant level is again low. I suspect a loose hose or perhaps a more serious problem with the radiator. Any advice would be appreciated. I have no other complaints about the car other than this.

saabboy1
19th May 2012, 06:18 AM
For those that are interested in knowing where the coolant was leaking from. I had a loose cup-puling that was not fully secured. Pressure builds up on some of these coolant hoses and must have caused the cup-puling to come loose. They tightened it and pressure tested. Drove home from my dealer in Concord NH. Seems to be fine now. ;ol;