Anyone in or around the Akron, OH area? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Anyone in or around the Akron, OH area?

Pontius DIO
4th March 2012, 08:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone is near me and knows exactly what their car runs in the 1/4 mile, to run against me for a baseline idea of what mine runs. Thinking a couple quick sprints onto an on ramp or something "safe" to get an idea of where my 9-3 is at before better stuff gets put on the car.

I caught up to a (looked and sounded modified) early 2000's Jetta earlier tonight and got in front of him before a long on ramp. He was about 1 car behind while I was spinning in 2nd coming around a curved 1 lane on ramp. He never passed me, and was a good 4 cars behind me by about 80-90 in 3rd, and he kept the same pace with me until I lifted. He never gained, kept the same length after initially pulling from him. Once I lifted he finally got closer so I know he wasn't sand bagging. If you have a TD04 or a T28, stgI- stgIII, it'd be even better as I'd like to see where the difference in pulling is. Basically I think my 9-3 should of kept pulling away. But if I have a comparison to run against, it will make a turbo upgrade easier to decide on what to put on next.

People always say these things stink from a "dig", but I think mine does OK in the early gears, but is lacking top end big time and feels more motor than turbo at higher RPM.

grkguy89
4th March 2012, 09:29 PM
and of course all this was done in Mexico right ;)

set a power goal to gauge what turbo you need. a base line would be to read what the manual say for bhp and look up online for stock 0-60 times

easy way to gauge how your car does compared to other tuned Saabs is to record some 0-60, 40-90, etc... times; then compare

Pontius DIO
5th March 2012, 12:20 AM
and of course all this was done in Mexico right ;)

set a power goal to gauge what turbo you need. a base line would be to read what the manual say for bhp and look up online for stock 0-60 times

easy way to gauge how your car does compared to other tuned Saabs is to record some 0-60, 40-90, etc... times; then compare

Yeah, I'm always paranoid about running around with a camera like people do all the time. Good way to get hit with a life ending lawsuit should something go wrong and the tape ends up in the hands of the prosecutor, or worse a jury sees it.

I live about 1 hour 40 minutes from Norwalk Raceway, so if something breaks, no trailer to bring it home as ideally I'd just go and get it clocked.

With open air filter, free flowing muffler and mid pipe resonator delete, mild porting of the elbow, and 17 PSI from the MBC, what do you reckon the 1/4 mile speed should be? Think I'll sneak a camera to a rural 4 lane state route nearby and try and capture a quick sprint assuming the clutch cooperates and the back isn't hurting too bad. Need something to keep me sane, and it's nice to know if stuff helps with performance or not.

roflplanes
30th August 2012, 07:42 PM
Sorry to bump a dead thread back to life but I found it searching the site for people around Akron (northeastern Ohio in general, actually)... and there really aren't a whole lot of us. Any communities you know of around here for Saab people?

rameleg
30th August 2012, 08:01 PM
nada... I don't live there anymore... but I still frequent the area.. never found a group or anything.. AZRRacing(forum) is from the cleveland area...

losacker
30th August 2012, 08:17 PM
i live in cincinnati, my ex lives in bowling green area. maybe if i keep making some good money, ill be up there for weekend and we could meet up and hang out and do a few pulls that would be computer simulated on a mexican highway ;):roll:

roflplanes
30th August 2012, 08:23 PM
i live in cincinnati, my ex lives in bowling green area. maybe if i keep making some good money, ill be up there for weekend and we could meet up and hang out and do a few pulls that would be computer simulated on a mexican highway ;):roll:

Definitely, I live on Portage Lakes so if it's nice out, we can hook up to bull**** about our cars and drink some beers on the lake.

roflplanes
30th August 2012, 08:25 PM
And thanks for the tip about AZR, I'll have to check them out!

losacker
30th August 2012, 10:13 PM
haha sounds good to me. ill let you know, might be middle fall before i can afford it though, saab bills come first :)

roflplanes
31st August 2012, 09:42 AM
I feel that. $800 headlights my ***. -_-

AZR Racing
1st September 2012, 03:07 AM
me? swing by anytime if you want to go cruise.

Tap804
3rd September 2012, 04:21 AM
Shoulda asked when i was in michigan alllll summer.... thats ok.
i have this odd feeling ill be back.