SaabCentral Forums banner

Is something leaking?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  skibum_infdl 
#1 ·
Would anyone mind going out and checking under their new 9-5 for a leak? I noticed it when I changed my oil this last weekend. On either side, the floor pan directly behind the front wheels, there are large round cutouts in the floor pan, not the actual floor, but it's two layers, almost like extra reinforcement. Anyway, it looked oily, so I checked inside and found it was very oily. It looks like something could be running down the firewall and pooling there, or I thought it might be something left over from the rustproofing process. I can't see any leak from inside the engine bay. I did see what looked like a dried spot from antifreeze on the firewall, but it doesn't look like it's running down from anywhere. My overflow tank is a bit low, so it's possible I have a small leak. I know the tanks are prone to failure in the Turbo X, but I figured they fixed that for the 9-5. Thanks!

#3 ·
Possible Coolant Leak

Would anyone mind going out and checking under their new 9-5 for a leak? I noticed it when I changed my oil this last weekend. On either side, the floor pan directly behind the front wheels, there are large round cutouts in the floor pan, not the actual floor, but it's two layers, almost like extra reinforcement. Anyway, it looked oily, so I checked inside and found it was very oily. It looks like something could be running down the firewall and pooling there, or I thought it might be something left over from the rustproofing process. I can't see any leak from inside the engine bay. I did see what looked like a dried spot from antifreeze on the firewall, but it doesn't look like it's running down from anywhere. My overflow tank is a bit low, so it's possible I have a small leak. I know the tanks are prone to failure in the Turbo X, but I figured they fixed that for the 9-5. Thanks!
Did you ever determine the cause of your leak? My reservoir is low, but I haven't found any signs of leaks. My 2010 9-5 only has 7500 miles and the tank could be the cause. Currently, I'm just trying to determine the coolant type without driving 20 miles to the dealer to pay 3 times what its worth. I'll like to keep a close watch on the coolant level before having it fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.