SaabCentral Forums banner

Silence is Golden

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sambub 
#1 ·
During a uncharacteristic break in our dreary and wet winter weather, we had the chance to run some errands in the 9.5 this past weekend. When we came across a patch of fairly new (and very smooth) blacktop on the freeway, both my wife and I did a "whoa!!" We were cruising at about 70mph and it was absolutely silent inside!! No wind noise that we could hear and even the tire/road noise was almost nonexistent. Impressive.

We're planning a couple of days in Canada (Vancouver) this weekend and are really looking forward to the little mini-trip. Also will give our 13-year old son a chance to really test out the rear seat entertainment package!!

Cheers!!

Ken

#2 ·
Yes, totally agree with you. Actually the stuff I don't like about 9-5 in town, mostly having to do with the ride, seems to disappear on the HWY. The car is very smooth, the suspension seems to soften and expertly handle bumps, divets, etc. And, I agree, WOW, it's so quiet.

Enjoy your trip into Canada. We plan to take ours up the coast of Lake Superior to the small town of Grand Marais about 1.5 hours south of the Canadian border. We usually make this trip three - four times a year. I don't think the western shore of Lake Superior is as spectacular as the pacific northwest, but for MN it doesn't get any better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.