SaabCentral Forums banner

New Turbo4 Premium

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  sambub 
#1 ·
So I did it! 2011 T4 Premium with NAV, TECH, manual trans, and Hirsch P upgrade. Wanted HK also, but oh well. Black on black. The car is really quite striking. In the looks department, it puts Audi's and Mercedes to shame.

I'm just shocked it didn't sell better.

Anyway, everything is great aside from noticeable vibration at HWY speeds and really firm ride. Dealer told me they'd try to figure out and fix vibration without charging me since car is so new. But I'm sure the tires have flat spots because it sat for so long. Maybe switching to Michelin Primacy's will solve both problems.

Oh, Schmelz Saab in Saint Paul is getting 40 more cars (mostly 9-5's) from Saab NA. Tell your friends.

#3 ·
I think it worked out to be 32% off after Hirsch upgrade.

What kind of mileage are you getting with Hirsch? I am in trial period and have till Monday to go back to standard map. I'm on the fence. How do you like it?

Also, I have a vibration going on at HWY speed. I worry tires are bad. Hopefully tire warranty will kick in. Who knows.

Yes, NAV is pretty nice. A lot better than the NAV system in our 2011 Honda Pilot. Did you get Harman Kardon system?

#5 ·
No HK.

I am running E85 with the Hirsch, and I am getting about 12 Mpg right now (I know, shocking). But, I only drive about 5 miles each way to work in stop and go. When I throw in highway mileage it gets up to about 24 (due to the E85).

Love the Hirsch so far, esp once it warms up.

#6 ·
I have similar commute: 7.5 miles in stop/go. Like you, to/from work mileage showed 12 few days ago. I'm sure it will get better as car breaks in. Short trip up the HWY today, mileage went way up. I was staying right around 30mpg while cruising at 80.

Hirsch is very nice, 4th gear is a blast. I'm leaning toward keeping it. Steering is fantastic. I drove friends Mazdaspeed3 and steering in Saab is better.

How are you managing with firm ride?

#7 ·
You said it best, 4th gear is the best by far. First is fairly weak off-the line stock, but if you can keep the revs up in the 3-4k range during the shifts, it goes nice.

Have you tried running it yet with the ESP off? You can get some screech once in awhile, but I get nervous doing it for too long.

Loving the steering and the ride -- much crisper than the 03 9-3 I had before.

I wish it had just a little bit more pep (not much) and the engine sounds a little anemic (might just be me) when strained.

But for a car as big as it is (space and weight), I can't complain much at all. Especially considering how much I paid for it ($30k with Hirsch, out the door).

#8 ·
I bought a laser red 2011 9-5 T4 Premium w/Manual Transmission, (no nav :confused:), Tech Pack, HK upgraded Sound System, black interior with Panoramic Sunroof from Schmeltz in St. Paul. I had the car shipped out to California where I reside. The car is beautiful as well as very unique; the laser red color really brings out the beautiful lines in this car and combines perfect with the black trim. These cars are very rare specially the manual transmission versions (on a side note, I could not find a MT 9-5 in California). I have not seen a single new 9-5 in my neck of the woods with the exception of mine.

My 9-5 is flawless and does not exhibit vibrations at any speeds. It handles very nicely and looks and feels like a smaller car thanks to its aero design. The only complaint would be a small annoying rattle inside the dash in the general vecinity of the head unit. Again other than this little issue the vehicle is great! I bought it for 29.3k marked down from a MSRP north of 47k. I love the smartbeams, the sound system and that its a SAAB ! My car didnt come with the Hirsch upgrade, but I think its for the best; I would rather keep my car stock, not affect my mpgs and longevity of the engine. For me, this was too good a deal to pass up on so I went for it :cheesy: (never looked back).

So I did it! 2011 T4 Premium with NAV, TECH, manual trans, and Hirsch P upgrade. Wanted HK also, but oh well. Black on black. The car is really quite striking. In the looks department, it puts Audi's and Mercedes to shame.

I'm just shocked it didn't sell better.

Anyway, everything is great aside from noticeable vibration at HWY speeds and really firm ride. Dealer told me they'd try to figure out and fix vibration without charging me since car is so new. But I'm sure the tires have flat spots because it sat for so long. Maybe switching to Michelin Primacy's will solve both problems.

Oh, Schmelz Saab in Saint Paul is getting 40 more cars (mostly 9-5's) from Saab NA. Tell your friends.

#10 · (Edited)
You both got great deals, better than me, although I'm very happy with the NAV and large color interface. I drove the car today and vibration described earlier is much less noticeable thank goodness. I took long drive up the HWY yesterday, which may have helped the tires round. Car is very quiet at 80. A Schmelz tech came with me on a drive this am and thought that whats left of the vibration would completely go away with some more miles. Decided to keep the Hirsch so I got nifty stick on thing placed by 9-5 on back of car, but nothing else? They made it sound like I'd get a bunch of stuff. Also got all weather mats and mud guards just in time for the snow. Tomorrows commute is going to suck. Ongoing complaints about the car: no one's bought Saab yet, harsh ride, rattles. Otherwise, I love it!

#12 ·
I just love my SAAB and feel very fortunate to have it. I feel that it was too good opportunity to pass up. The rattle issue is does not happen very often so not truely annoying. This car is very special. Does anyone know how many were built in total how many were exported to the US with the manual transmission option?

Does anyone think this could vehicle can turn into a collectible? THX;ol;

You both got great deals, better than me, although I'm very happy with the NAV and large color interface. I drove the car today and vibration described earlier is much less noticeable thank goodness. I took long drive up the HWY yesterday, which may have helped the tires round. Car is very quiet at 80. A Schmelz tech came with me on a drive this am and thought that whats left of the vibration would completely go away with some more miles. Decided to keep the Hirsch so I got nifty placed by 9-5 on back of car, but nothing else? They made it sound like I'd get a bunch of stuff. Also got all weather mats and mud guards just in time for the snow. Tomorrows commute is going to suck. Ongoing complaints about the car: no one's bought Saab yet, harsh ride, rattles. Otherwise, I love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.