SaabCentral Forums banner

2010 9-5 aero Passive Entry?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SPG900T 
#1 ·
I've been scouring the net trying to figure this out. Does the 2010 aero have passive entry or not. Is it even an option?

I talked to the guy I bought mine from he checked and said it didn't. So i called another dealer that had a 2010 on sale and he checked on the actual car and said it did work. I called another dealer today to get a second opinion and he said although it's mentioned in the 2010 owners manual he's never seen it on any of his fully equipped 2010's.

Anyone have a 2010 where this works or know more about it? Is it a tech II option that needs turned on or even an option you can turn on and off on the sat nav screen?

#5 ·
I have the manual in my hands ahead of me actualy getting my 9-5 next week.... It explains passive entry (as others have said) in DETAIL... Come on. If this was a new car in 2010 and Saab was up and running I would be at the dealership every day until they "fixed" the issue that this car doesn't have an item that it clearly should from the manual and all specs I've seen listed anywhere.

What if I put a 3rd party warranty on it and take it to a dealership saying my passive entry "stopped" working? I'm not saying its a cheap fix replacing/installing what compenents are necessary but who cares if warranty will cover it?

If someone has hard information (Press release from Saab etc) saying this was pulled out of 2010 cars I would be happy but otherwise this SHOULD be on this car.

#6 ·
It was not available and you will do more harm than good trying to make it work. Your options are to buy a 2011. If you also look in your manual you will find the legal statement that says Saab has the right to change the content without notice. Im not trying to argue, just telling you its not possible and any dealer that tries to make it happen will get the same answer extended warranty or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.