SaabCentral Forums banner

Bought a 2010 Aero Waiting for delivery

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  skibum_infdl 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2010 9-5 loaded Aero.

19" Wheels, Nav, Rear DVD, tech package

Waiting for it to arrive. Selling my 03' 9-3 linear for the upgrade.

Anyone have any advice, cautions?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Did you purchase locally? I haven't seen any real deals around Seattle yet unless they aren't advertising. I've had mine for a month now and love the car, but actually miss my '03 9-5 Aero a bit. I just don't know if it feels enough like a Saab for me. The fact that I got the 2010 and it doesn't have the passive locks or Nav is driving me nuts though. I don't like thinking something is incomplete, but for the price I shouldn't complain.

#4 ·
Sounds like mine ... exactly. Bought our 2011 brand new at Larson in Fife (Tacoma) two days before the bankruptcy filing in Sweden!! It's mocha with the parchment interior.

Absolutely GREAT car. We have just over 2,300 miles on it and there is not so much as a squeak anywhere. Larson seems to be committed to continue to service Saabs and the USA parts operation is back up and running.

The only "service" I have had done was the software update to the Infotainment System. It restores the RDS display on FM stations (call letters, song title, etc.). Larson did it and charged me $60. Yup, that "shoulda been free" but, c'est la vie!!

I have been ordering several accessories as if anything becomes hard to source I would expect those to be among the first to go as they are unique to our 9-5. I've ordered the spare tire kit (to replace the fix-a-flat goop with a donut spare), the front and rear mudguards, and the rear window shades. All are here and in place.

One other thing you should be prepared for ... stares and questions like "what kind of car is that?" Also a lot of "GREAT LOOKING CAR" comments as well. :D I even had a gal at the McDonald's drive through high five me for such a nice looking car!!

One caution ... I hit a pothole at about 35 mph and it tore out the sidewall of the right front 19" Goodyear F-1. Be careful ... it's about $450 to replace one!! (I went ahead and ordered a winter tire/wheel package from Tire Rack with 17" rims and I'm very happy with the traction and ride. Also less likely to blow out...!!)

Cheers!!

Ken

#7 ·
I have been ordering several accessories as if anything becomes hard to source I would expect those to be among the first to go as they are unique to our 9-5. I've ordered the spare tire kit (to replace the fix-a-flat goop with a donut spare), the front and rear mudguards, and the rear window shades. All are here and in place.
I have been debating putting both of those on my car (mud flaps and rear window shades). How do you like them?

Do you mind posting pictures?

#8 ·
I've been able to get them through Larson Cadillac-Saab here in Tacoma as well as a couple of the online dealers. (try SaabParts.net)

I have been debating putting both of those on my car (mud flaps and rear window shades). How do you like them?

Do you mind posting pictures?
I'll be happy to post up some pix, but it may be a few days. For the mud flaps, I've been looking at the install instructions (typical multi-language "pictures" only) and the rears look pretty easy to do. The fronts seem to be a bit more complicated as there is some sort of secondary bracket included. I'll need to remove the wheels/tires in order to work on them and I may wait for some nicer weather coupled with some spare time!! I could take 'em over to the dealer but I'm sure it would be at least $100 for labor and I'm pretty confident this is a DIY job.

For the window shades, I was very surprised to find panels for both L&R rear doors AND the rear window. I did not expect the shade for the rear window. It comes in two pieces and there are some clips to hold them together and in place. First semi-nice day we have, I'll put them in and take some pictures.

Cheers!!

Ken

#10 ·
I got the rear ones through Larson, but the front ones came from SaabParts.net. (Interestingly, Larson told me the fronts were on "backorder" and thus not readily available. The SaabParts folks said they could get them ... and did.)

Check with SaabParts.net on the status of your order. I didn't hear from them for about a week and a half after they charged my account, but when I pinged 'em they gave me my tracking number. And, the front flaps (and the side curtains, part 2 of the order) arrived a couple of days ago.

Cheers!!

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.