SaabCentral Forums banner

Interchange parts list 2010-12 Saab 9-5 & 2010+ Buick Lacross

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bmwrider 
#1 ·
Hi,
It is well known that the NG 9-5 is based on the 2010+ Buick Lacross and modified to make it more appealing.

Now that the NG Saab 9-5 is no more, Does anyone have a list of parts that are interchangeable between the two models? That would help a lot for owners planning maintenance in the years to come.

#2 ·
Dealer told me the airbag module is shared with a Buick (mine is apparently/mysteriously bad), but I can't confirm it is the Lacrosse and I don't have a Saab or GM part number as of yet. Probably good to know as if car is ever wrecked and airbags deployed I think this module has to be replaced or reset by a company that resets them. Then again, if the car is ever wrecked seriosly it's probably a total loss anyway without body parts available.

#3 ·
There's a very active usergroup of 9-5 owners on Facebook:

SAAB 9-5 NG Users group International

[Lists 50 members -- including myself, not an owner but entertaining such... -- so perhaps 30 actual owners].

#4 ·
Cool, I will check that out. That could be a great resource in the future if it's really really over for the 9-5, which it appears to be. Too bad, a lot of people wanted the SC version but I would so love to have seen a slightly shorter, high performance coupe version of this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.