SaabCentral Forums banner

Trans/Axle seal replacement

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  saabowner#1 
#1 ·
First I would like to say thanks to all who have contributed to this very helpful site. I have saved lots of $ and time using what I have learned here.
Now on to the newest project.

We took a ride to about an hour away in interstate (75mph). when i came to a stop at the exit ramp I noticed smoke and a fluid burning smell. Upon further inspection at a tires plus that happened to be right at the exit. We noticed trans fluid everywhere under the car.. we checked the level and it was fine. So I drove it home (alot slower) and and cleaned the bottom of the car. After a short drive around the neighborhood, I noticed drips coming from the bottom of the transmission dust cover. After reading post here I inspected the axle seals one is very wet and is in a position where if it leaks it may follow the cove and fall off at the lowest point...but Im just guessing

My question is doe anyone know of a good write up on changing these seals. It appears to be easy to replace them but how about getting to them. any special tools required? beside the 2" pvc pipe

Any Ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.