Viggen clutch and Lightening stock flywheel [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Viggen clutch and Lightening stock flywheel

tkjr5000
26th January 2012, 07:17 PM
It's time for a new clutch so I need some info and advise. At the risk of sounding stupid(pretty easy for me), does the Viggen clutch bolt up to the NG900?
I am not a fan of aluminum flywheels so I would like to shave the stocker, anyone have experience with this? Know where to remove material?
This engine spins up sooo slooow, it makes downshifting a chore.
Thanks for the help

bogan
27th January 2012, 01:33 AM
The Viggen fits straight in. Your just going to have to push a bit harder on the clutch pedal. Always get the flywheel machined .

mr rx-7 tt
27th January 2012, 03:06 AM
I would look for an aftermarket flywheel and I wouldn't advise trying to shave down the stocker. GS sold a light weight one but had issues so I don't know if they still sell them. You do need to have a machine shop turn the original if you decide to re-use it.

lms
27th January 2012, 07:00 AM
I had my viggen FW "shaved" but if you go this route make sure you balance the unit as a whole. Even with it shaved just a little I now have to slip it more.

Dr Kenneth Noisewater
27th January 2012, 07:35 AM
I run a viggen clutch and a machined/lightened and balanced flywheel. Don't quote me on this but the original flywheel weighed around 9kg and it was machined down to 6kg by taking material from the inertia ring then machine balanced by drilling small balance holes in the wheel. Works a treat.