SaabCentral Forums banner

Winter tire options for Aero

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Missileman 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the optional witer tire sizes for the 2010-2011 Aero? The base 4 has the 17" rim, but I can't tell if that works for the new Aero.

#2 ·
Our 2011 Aero had the 19" summer tire package so I knew some "winter" tires & rims would be a wise investment. They arrived last week.

I went with the recommended package from TireRack ... Pirelli Winter Sottozero with some nice looking rims. I chose the complete package, including the TPMS sensors, and everything works perfectly.

The size was 235/50R17.

Coupled with the AWD i figure I'm ready!!

Cheers!!

Ken

#3 ·
I am running 225 / 17'ers on as well our Lexus IS300 in France as on my Mitsubishi Evo 9 in Finland.

I swear by Nokian tyres. Best available for winter conditions.

Best is to stay away of low profile 19 or 18". You're better off with narrower and higher 17" tyres. The high profile allows the tyre to work better on uneven surfaces (which ice and snow by definition is). The narrow tyre cuts better through snow, but also through standing water.

You'll hence see rallycars use very narrow and high tyres for winter rallies. They're not driving around on fat low profilers.

What use do you make of them? Only slush and wet weather, or do you have 6 months of snow and ice in winter and are studs practical?

#6 ·
I bought 17's for my 9.5 which had 19's. I cant get the computer to recognize them even after purchasing the correct sensors to install in the rims. Any help I followed the owner's manual
I'll probably find out if the procedure in the manual works in a few months when the F1's go back on!! My dealer did the swap out for me and reset everything. Works perfectly.

I did notice on the invoice from TireRack that the sending unit was 315-mHz. I have no idea if that's a "standard" or unique, but you might want to ask your vendor to make sure they are the correct sending units.

Cheers!!

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.