SaabCentral Forums banner

Rear Seat Entertainment Manual?

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Dward 
#1 ·
Did anyone get a separate manual for the rear seat entertainment option? I've found rather oblique references in the Infotainment book and very few in the main manual, but neither seems to be very helpful.

We think we have it generally figured out, but it would be nice to verify a couple of things. For example, how to use the individual video plug on the seat back? My son's tried using the Apple A/V cable with his iPod Touch and it doesn't seem to work. The same device and cable works OK when plugged into the main A/V connection on the center console.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

#3 ·
I'm going to join this thread, too...

I also have the rear entertainment package (2010) and I have had the Nav system updated via the hardware rebuild. For the first time recently I wanted to use the rear screens and I couldn't figure out a way to display anything.

When you open the screens they "light up" but don't show any images.

From the front system you can choose "Rear Screen 1" and "Rear Screen 2" from the Aux input choice but not from the DVD screen. It will, however, play on the front screen just fine.

I also do not have the remotes or headphones to the rear.

So I'll be looking on the interwebs along with you and I'll be sure to share what I find out.

BTW, I *do* have the 9-5 Infotainment manual and it does not talk about the rear seat DVD function(s).

#4 ·
Part # for replacement headphones

Found this on a translated page:

17802612 is the Saab part number for "front or rear noise-canceling wireless headphones." Not sure of availability; I'm suspicious that these are very similar or identical to regular old GM infrared DVD headphones found in Tahoes, etc.

#8 ·
Oops.

Found this on a translated page:

17802612 is the Saab part number for "front or rear noise-canceling wireless headphones." Not sure of availability; I'm suspicious that these are very similar or identical to regular old GM infrared DVD headphones found in Tahoes, etc.
I think I just pulled a 'duh.' The above part number (17802612) *IS* the GM part #. And you can find them much cheaper if you use this part number, allegedly. I'm going to try it and will report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.