SaabCentral Forums banner

new owner, pretty confused....

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bringer 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2003 9 5 aero and I cant seem to understand the headlights. my hi and low beam xenon lights work fine but my halogen doesnt seem to work? I have searched and found its for passing but when i pull the high beam light back to flash only the xenon light flashed...do I need to put it in a different mode?

Also is there anything else I should look out for since I am not familiar with saabs? I would rather fix/replace/look into possible problems now than down the road.

thanks everyone its great to be here and I love the car so far!

#3 ·
There are a couple of things, Make sure it has the upgraded pcv ventilation system and have the oil pan/sump cleaned. This means that you should pull the oil pan and pickup, clean them and reinstall. For coolant, run Dexicool if that is the way to spell it, not the green stuff. One more thing, the cabin ventilation filter in most cases, does not get changed. Mine still had the original and wow! was it bad. Im surprised I had any air coming out of the vents at all. It made a big difference. Oh, I almost forgot, flushing out the transmission oil should be done as well. It also makes a big difference in the why the car shifts and there is no filter, so every two years have this done.

#4 ·
I just traded mine in. Had it for years and loved it. The Halogens only work when you pull the fuse for the Daytime Running Lamps (or possibly if you shift the lights to euro mode in the programming). Then they come on only when you flash the headlights when the lights are turned off.

Some guy actually wired 12 into them from the solenoid on the high beam flap on the bi-xenons which gave him extra high beams...that is a lot of light.

Hope that helped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.