SaabCentral Forums banner

2011 Saab 9-5 Aero

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  knogosek 
#1 ·
I'm looking at buying a new Saab 9-5 Aero knowing full well that Saab is in liquidation now. I was seriously considering one back in November 2011 and am glad I hesitated since the dealer at that point wasn't interested in negotiating on the price much. Has anyone purchased a new 9-5 Aero post-liquidation? Am I crazy even with the dealers now being ready and willing to negotiate on the price?

#2 ·
We actually picked our up on the Saturday before they filed. Sure, there's a little risk involved, but I'm pretty confident things will work out in the long run. Saab, as a brand, is well respected and it carries a very loyal customer base.

We have a 2011 Aero XWD with all the bells and whistles and can find absolutely nothing wrong with it. I mentioned in another post a problem we had that caused us to look for the spare tire ... and there wasn't one. The sealer clearly doesn't work well on a sidewall tear!! Other than that ... the car itself is flawless.

Cheers!!

Ken

#3 ·
Some dealers are ready to drop their pants apparently

http://www.autonews.com/article/20120103/BLOG06/120109987/1503

Problem i see is that if you are particular about the car you want and the equipment you might have to act fast as it could be slim pickings.

I bought my 9-5 late September, there were deals then but not great ones, no 10 or 15K of list for an '11 and even then the future was shaky. I love the car, if parts and warranty and free scheduled maintenance gets straightened out I will have no regrets but if not I will still feel like I got taken for a ride. I bought a car with a factory warranty that is for the time being worthless and parts availability, well maybe when the start shipping parts again it won't be bad.

At least now you know the "score" if you buy a new one.

#5 ·
Ken:

I picked up a 2011 saab 9-5 Aero with 222 miles on it this afternoon. The dealer was offereing exceptional discounts of about 40% below MSRP and threw in a 5yr/60,000 bumper to bumper warratny. Love the car and the price. Hopefully parts will not be a problem in the future! Thanks for the feedback.

Kristine

#10 ·
No. I bought from Broadway Automotive in Green Bay WI.
I will use Schmelz to service my car though. I've been watching Schmelz' website and it hasn't lowered its prices on its new 9-5s in stock, but has dropped its prices on the 9-3s and 9-4xs by quite a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.