Abbott Racing Chargecooler [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Abbott Racing Chargecooler

niko
22nd May 2002, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have any informations about the improvement given by the abbott racing chargecooler ?

Alex
22nd May 2002, 06:03 PM
Theres a set of specs on the Abbott racing web site at

http://www.abbottracing.com

Just click on the picture in the engine section for the classic 900.

Doc
25th June 2002, 12:29 PM
Has anyone fitted one of these charge coolers to the LPT saab. Would like to hear if it is as good as the makers claim it is before forking out the same amout of money as a saab main dealer service.

Janne Selinummi
25th June 2002, 02:14 PM
It works with boost pressure up to 12 psi, above that, the core won't hold together.
Performance increase is definetely substantial, and if one's not running high boost, then this is probably a good kit.
It may be a better idea, though, to get a custom system, since that way you get what you are willing to pay for - if 30 psi of boost capacity is needed, then enough money will do the trick in custom market.
A more simple way of improving intercooling is fitting of a large FMIC - works well in my car, and many other Saabs as well.

Alex
25th June 2002, 04:24 PM
I've seen the page on twinsaab.com stating the 12psi but still can't believe it.

A standard car runs 12-13psi anyway. Abbott state a 20 inlet temp reduction which is roughly a 5% power increase or 10hp. So where does the 20hp power increase come from with the charge cooler. Increased boost anyone?

automec1062
25th June 2002, 10:00 PM
"A more simple way of improving intercooling is fitting of a large FMIC - works well in my car, and many other Saabs as well"

what is FMIC????
mike

Jo K
25th June 2002, 11:07 PM
FMIC = front-mount intercooler.

Referring to the original post - there's a review of the Abbott chargecooler in the features section of this site.

niko
29th June 2002, 06:36 PM
I've called yesterday the French office of Abbott (because I was waiting for the Chargecooler). They told me that the Chargecooler can hold 1.1bar at peak MAX and no more that 1 bar for everyday use. But in any case i will have a warrenty on the chargecooler if the car isn't originally.
I say that i will call him back to know if i buy it or not. I think not.

niko
29th June 2002, 06:38 PM
just a mistake, you must read :"But in any case i will NOT have a warrenty on the chargecooler if the car isn't originally. "