SaabCentral Forums banner

2010-2011 9-5 SID Messages

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mryan55 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had a list of all possible SID messages/warnings that can pop up on the new 9-5. the North America market owner's manual only alludes to the types of warnings that can pop up, not the actual warnings.

I believe the 9-5/Insignia/Regal family to have oil level sensors in the oil pan, but I wanted to make sure that there was a warning to this effect.

The Buick Regal manual mentions an "Engine Oil Low -- Add Oil" warning on the driver information computer, so I assume that a similar warning is in play on the big Saab.

Was just wondering if any other manuals around the globe had more info on which SID alerts will pop up.

I've been having difficulty reading my dipstick on my Turbo4 (reads at/near "add" line on one side but significantly higher other on the other side). In lieu of overfilling the engine, I split the difference and assume I'm OK -- but want to verify I have this electronic nanny as well...

The SCUSA call center has been none too helpful in trying to get an answer so far.

Thanks,

MR

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.