SaabCentral Forums banner

Towing Eye Attachment

11K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  mjenquin 
#1 ·
Hello all! I would like to know if anyone can confirm that their vehicle does in fact have an attachment (threaded hole) for the towing eye behind the cover(s) on the bumper. Last night I had a flat tire on my car. After the ridiculous tire "repair" kit that came with the car failed (don't even get me started on that subject) I had to call OnStar to have my car towed.
When the tow truck arrived the tech asked me to collect the towing eye from the truck, which I did. He removed the cap on the front bumper prepared to screw the eye into the proper receptacle. Much to his (and my) chagrin there was nothing to screw the towing eye into!!! After fishing around the opening we both concluded there was no place for it to go. He said "let's try the back one then." We went to the rear of the car, and again removed the cover from the bumper. This time....only black foam which could not be moved, and no visible location for the towing eye to be screwed into place!!!
I am very curious to see if I am the only one with this problem. According to the owner's manual both of these spots are the proper location for the towing eye to be installed and used. Can anyone tell me if they have removed these covers from their vehicle and visualized a threaded hole in which the towing eye is to be placed???

#5 ·
Not to make light of a serious situation, but....

You shouldn't need a tow eye.

#7 ·
UK car has one at least

My UK car has a rear one at least and it is a LH thread. Took me about 5 minutes screwing it in clockwise to realise! In the end did not use it as I got the car started.

It is madness to build a car without this, whatever were they thinking?:roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.