Bushes and weight [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Bushes and weight

jim_mcghee
20-05-02, 03:28 PM
has anyone tried the special bushes, for the springs and shockers. Also for the mountings etc...
any good? cheap? easy to fit?
And any tips on making my 900i lighter?
Cheers

niko
22-05-02, 03:30 PM
I'm waiting for the swedish dynamics bushes (inner and outer sway bar) since 3 weeks. There is 5 weeks delay to import in France the bushes... I will let you know of any improvement od the drivibility of the car.

jim_mcghee
22-05-02, 04:21 PM
ok, thanx.

Alex
22-05-02, 05:07 PM
I'm running poly bushes on the lower front damper mounts, outer front anti roll bar and rear links.

All of these bushes wear quite rapidly so are worth replacing, especially if the car has done more than 100K, and its worth using the poly replacements.

niko
07-07-02, 11:16 AM
for "jim_mcghee" :
I've put the new polyurethane bushings (inner and outer sway bar bushings) and i don't see an incredible improvement. As my old bushings were severely worn, it's true that there is less 'clong-clong' sound coming from the wheel but in hard corner, i think that if you have good sport spring and coil, that's enough. No really need of poly bushings.

jim_mcghee
08-07-02, 07:28 PM
cheers, what about replacing them all at the same time, in a restoration, worth it?

niko
09-07-02, 05:09 PM
Sure, in a complete restoration that's a good idea.
Don't forget to check the lower "A" arm for any stress crack. In fact, if your arms are a little worn, when putting new bushings and (I think) harder shock absorber they can broke more easely when parking (that happen to me !!!)