What is your opinion on this package with shocks/springs? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: What is your opinion on this package with shocks/springs?

kcsaab900s
11th February 2004, 11:28 PM
Please check out the link (from Parts for Saabs)

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_187_188_212&products_id=1252

I just ordered them for $800- shipped. Rather expensive, but I've heard great things about the Koni adjustables. I would like to know what other people think of these, especially if you yourself have them. Looking forward to some good responses.

-Max F.

Dead Centre
12th February 2004, 04:47 AM
Hi.
I bought or rather was bought that same kit. Sadly its still not fitted I have other things to fix on the car yet. Take it from me Koni's are it. Munki (Moderator) also has the kit but his is fitted he loves em.

Plus the koni's are ride adjustable keep em hard :cheesy:
Fit these and the springs although Eibach springs are better they are standard on BMW then fit a new rear sway bar and your ready for more power through the car.

Dead

Munki
12th February 2004, 09:20 AM
I recently fitted this kit to my 900 and I am very pleased with the results. I posted about it here (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22085)

kcsaab900s
12th February 2004, 12:26 PM
Do you think that a 22mm (or 19mm) rear sway bar would make a difference also? I'm thinking about just finishing off the suspension with that. I also need to get new tires but they're too expensive :cry:.

mike saunders
12th February 2004, 12:50 PM
Yowch! It sounds like you might be getting killed on the conversion rate. Was there a US supplier that has a comperable product?

I'm considering the same setup, so my wallet eagerly awaits the answer!

kcsaab900s
12th February 2004, 01:14 PM
Yowch! It sounds like you might be getting killed on the conversion rate. Was there a US supplier that has a comperable product?

I'm considering the same setup, so my wallet eagerly awaits the answer!

I'm pretty sure that I got a good deal on that. If you exclude shipping, it was $700 USD. Most adjustable Koni's that I've seen are about $500 or more shipped (3trolls.net has em for $570 shipped). A good set of springs is anywhere from 250-300 or more. (Genuinesaab.com has HR springs for 250 plus shipping.) So that's anywhere from 830-880 and that might not include shipping.

So, if my "calculations" are correct, I think I got a good deal. It all depends on where you get your parts from.

mike saunders
12th February 2004, 04:58 PM
Ahhh...ok. I was counting the VAT-added price and should have mentally deducted 17.5 percent. I think I'm beginning to see the light...

Jeremy R.
13th February 2004, 12:52 AM
If you create an account and display everything in dollars, the whole kit is only $684.14. I think the last time I priced just Koni shocks, they were around $800 for the set. You could even sell the springs on eBay if you didn't want them and really come out ahead! :D

ragtopcav
13th February 2004, 01:03 AM
I recommend keeping the package together and fitting it to the car as a whole, it is well balanced and offers a good comprimise between ride comfort and driveability.

The 22mm front anti roll bar is the size fitted to the Viggen, a big job to change [requires subframe removal :o ] but would offer that bit more control, whilst you're in there polly bushes too? nail everything in one pass.

kcsaab900s
13th February 2004, 01:34 AM
How about the 19mm rear sway bar? Worth the 100 bucks?

ragtopcav
13th February 2004, 01:42 AM
How about the 19mm rear sway bar? Worth the 100 bucks?From posts on these boards, stateside everyone whom has the genuinesaab replacement unit enthuse over it, here in blighty the upgrade is usually the abbott part which is equally affective but pricey.

Tweek's Turbos
13th February 2004, 12:22 PM
KcSaab, I follow what you are saying. Order the "Stage 2" or 22mm rear bar. It is worth the $100, easy to install, and you will be better off than with the 19mm rear bar.

As for front bars, see my post on complete susp. upgrade.