SaabCentral Forums banner

Does it make sense to trade in my 9-3 for a 9-5?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bmwrider 
#1 ·
I get this offer from my dealership that seems really good. Up to $12,000 off an '11 9-5. That would mean that for a base model of $40,000, I would be paying less than a Camry.

My '04 9-3 has 100,700 miles. I live within a mile of work. I drive one day or so a week when I have errands. My car has petty problems. There is a noise I don't recognize, but otherwise, I could fix all the problems for less than a grand. So, it would make no sense to get another car. On the other hand, I will need a new car in about two to three years.

So, should I look into this, knowing that this offer will not be there next year? Heck, there might not even be a SAAB next year.

#5 · (Edited)
That's a hard decision. The future of Saab looks iffy as of today GM is thinking to block the sale to the Chinese. Honestly I think if it were my money I'd wait a couple of weeks and see what happens. Mine is a company car so it wasn't my money per se. The 9-5 is fantastic, totally unique and totally capable, but I already get the feeling with so few on the road here in the US it could be a struggle to get even the most minor issues fixed and it won't get better if Saab folds. You could always get new 9-3. At least with that car there is a long production history.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.