SaabCentral Forums banner

What do you guys think?

2K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  squishmann 
#1 ·
These are the rims I am getting this summer :cheesy: . Comments?

#5 ·
Viscouse said:
:lol: Sorry man, I can't help it. The first pic looks like a 5-yr old girl's pinwheel.
Yeah well! You know they are fondmetals, and if you know the price i picked all 4 up for, you wouldnt really care how they look. TRUST ME!! :wink: On top of all that, i think black wheels on a black car gives it a sexy appeal! 8)

#12 ·
MoviStar said:
I am with you SS......I like the black inserts. It gives it more of a unique appeal to it. There are tons of cars running around with silver rims but how many with black. Do they have gunmetal ones or black chrome? MMMMMMMM......black chrome.
Wassssssup MoviStar. You are on my track! You see, there is a problem i am having. Cant figure out the color of the inserts. But i thought to myself that whatever the color is, if i dont like it, i paint it. Here are some different pics of the same rims. The first one is from the fondmetal website. The second one is a picture from another website. Although i believe that they are black! I hope so 8)

Edit: I have just put up another picture of the same rims with chrome inserts!

#15 ·
WOW these wheels are hot. i like the idea of a wheel that is black but not completely black. as long as you can take off the inserts then get the black ones. they would look even better if they had some type of luster to them

here's a hot pic

hard to tell if they look good in this pic

#20 ·
#24 ·
Saba said:
Yep, still wish I got a black one :(
SABA:

My fellow Merlot Red SAABie... Why are you regretting your colour choice? Black is very nice indeed, very sporty and sophisticated, but maintaining it is also not easy. I have a black 2001 330i sport, and the black colour really make it stand out as a sport sedan, but I have to wash it every 3 days if I wanted it to look sharp all the time.

In any case, I have received constant praise for the colour choice and how it works so well with the SAAB 9-3 SS body styling. I love black on the 9-3 SS, but after having one black car in the garage, I wanted somthing different, and I love the Merlot Red.

#25 ·
Saba, mav said it. It so god damn hard to maintain. Sometimes i wish i never got a black one cause it annoys me so much. Scratches show right away and once again, as mav said, you gotta clean it every 2-3 days to make it look sharp. :wink:

#26 ·
SS said:
Saba, mav said it. It so god damn hard to maintain. Sometimes i wish i never got a black one cause it annoys me so much. Scratches show right away and once again, as mav said, you gotta clean it every 2-3 days to make it look sharp. :wink:
Yeah, and there is no way not to get fine hairline scratches if you use your car everyday, plus the regular washing,no matter how carefully it's done, will introduce these fine scratches.

Those concours cars with immaculate finishes, especially the black ones, have constant daily TLC (tender loving care) from the owner. I personally don't have that kind of free time to spend everyday to baby the car's paint surface. Some colours will show more of the scratches than others, and black is very notorious for this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.