What do you guys think? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: What do you guys think?

SS
10th February 2004, 06:45 PM
These are the rims I am getting this summer :cheesy: . Comments?

finklejag
10th February 2004, 07:26 PM
I like the no inserts. :)

sjhudon
10th February 2004, 08:26 PM
I agree no inserts.

Viscouse
10th February 2004, 08:48 PM
:lol: Sorry man, I can't help it. The first pic looks like a 5-yr old girl's pinwheel.

SS
10th February 2004, 09:04 PM
:lol: Sorry man, I can't help it. The first pic looks like a 5-yr old girl's pinwheel.

Yeah well! You know they are fondmetals, and if you know the price i picked all 4 up for, you wouldnt really care how they look. TRUST ME!! :wink: On top of all that, i think black wheels on a black car gives it a sexy appeal! 8)

CallipNCSUsaab
10th February 2004, 09:05 PM
in those pics... no insert hands down looks stellar.

but in person, I think it would look better on your car without the inserts.

great looking rim though!

CallipNCSUsaab
10th February 2004, 09:06 PM
where did you get them, how much?

any website?

SS
10th February 2004, 09:10 PM
where did you get them, how much? any website?

I bought the 4 for $500 USD. The website is: www.fondmetal.com

Ive had a lot of friends buy from them, and i tell you, made from the best stuff!!!

MoviStar
10th February 2004, 10:14 PM
I am with you SS......I like the black inserts. It gives it more of a unique appeal to it. There are tons of cars running around with silver rims but how many with black. Do they have gunmetal ones or black chrome? MMMMMMMM......black chrome.

Vector-SS
10th February 2004, 10:55 PM
Im going to have to go with Movistar's opinion. The rims with the black inserts look pretty unique. Unique rims for a unique car ;).

moz
10th February 2004, 11:28 PM
Looking good!, I like the second picture personally :)

SS
11th February 2004, 04:21 AM
I am with you SS......I like the black inserts. It gives it more of a unique appeal to it. There are tons of cars running around with silver rims but how many with black. Do they have gunmetal ones or black chrome? MMMMMMMM......black chrome.

Wassssssup MoviStar. You are on my track! You see, there is a problem i am having. Cant figure out the color of the inserts. But i thought to myself that whatever the color is, if i dont like it, i paint it. Here are some different pics of the same rims. The first one is from the fondmetal website. The second one is a picture from another website. Although i believe that they are black! I hope so 8)

Edit: I have just put up another picture of the same rims with chrome inserts!

Cayman1
11th February 2004, 09:16 AM
SS,

What size, width, and offset did you get?

When are you putting them on?????

Saba
11th February 2004, 10:33 AM
Jeez, I wish I got a black SS. :-? btw no inserts look better.

squishmann
11th February 2004, 12:02 PM
WOW these wheels are hot. i like the idea of a wheel that is black but not completely black. as long as you can take off the inserts then get the black ones. they would look even better if they had some type of luster to them

here's a hot pic

http://www.fondmetal.com/inglese/immagini/9-3%20SPORT%20SEDAN_TECH5_17_jpg.jpg

http://www.fondmetal.com/inglese/immagini/S3_TECH5_18(T502)_jpg.jpg

hard to tell if they look good in this pic

http://www.fondmetal.com/inglese/immagini/S3%20COMPACT_TECH5_18(T501)_jpg.jpg

squishmann
11th February 2004, 12:05 PM
get the black, it's just straight fire. as long as the car is black then you're ok.

one thing, don't come to philly b/c i'm gonna get those too

squishmann
11th February 2004, 12:11 PM
http://www.fondmetal.com/inglese/immagini/IBIZA_TECH5_17_jpg.jpg

http://www.fondmetal.com/inglese/immagini/IBIZA_TECH5_17(T501)_jpg.jpg

SS
11th February 2004, 06:40 PM
SS,

What size, width, and offset did you get?

When are you putting them on?????

To be exact, here is the exact size:

Tech 5 Dim: 8J18H2 ET: 38 Code: F27
(P.C.D.: 5/110 - C.B.: 65.0 mm)

I am hopefully putting them on by the end of April!

SS
11th February 2004, 06:42 PM
get the black, it's just straight fire. as long as the car is black then you're ok.

one thing, don't come to philly b/c i'm gonna get those too

As long as you are in a different area code, then :wink: Enjoy them!!!

CrankCase
12th February 2004, 06:15 AM
Nice rims SS! I prefer them without the inserts, personally. Do you know how much one rim weighs?

Nice Photoshop work! I'm wondering if anyone can help me "put" these on a 9-3SS. They weigh 8.5 Kg for a 17x7" and 9.2Kg for 18x8.5".

Here are some links to view these rims:

http://www.koseijp.co.jp/engfl/top.html

http://www.koseieurope.com/eng/

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/ezbuy/472372/472316/474987/

http://www.abbozzo.se/frameset/abframeset.html

SS
12th February 2004, 07:20 AM
This is the best i could do for you. Im not a professional at photoshop 8)

CrankCase
12th February 2004, 07:56 AM
Hey thanks a lot SS! That's brilliant!

Saba
12th February 2004, 08:39 AM
Yep, still wish I got a black one :(

mav238
12th February 2004, 01:57 PM

SABA:

My fellow Merlot Red SAABie... Why are you regretting your colour choice? Black is very nice indeed, very sporty and sophisticated, but maintaining it is also not easy. I have a black 2001 330i sport, and the black colour really make it stand out as a sport sedan, but I have to wash it every 3 days if I wanted it to look sharp all the time.

In any case, I have received constant praise for the colour choice and how it works so well with the SAAB 9-3 SS body styling. I love black on the 9-3 SS, but after having one black car in the garage, I wanted somthing different, and I love the Merlot Red.

SS
12th February 2004, 04:26 PM
Saba, mav said it. It so god damn hard to maintain. Sometimes i wish i never got a black one cause it annoys me so much. Scratches show right away and once again, as mav said, you gotta clean it every 2-3 days to make it look sharp. :wink:

mav238
12th February 2004, 04:50 PM
Saba, mav said it. It so god damn hard to maintain. Sometimes i wish i never got a black one cause it annoys me so much. Scratches show right away and once again, as mav said, you gotta clean it every 2-3 days to make it look sharp. :wink:

Yeah, and there is no way not to get fine hairline scratches if you use your car everyday, plus the regular washing,no matter how carefully it's done, will introduce these fine scratches.

Those concours cars with immaculate finishes, especially the black ones, have constant daily TLC (tender loving care) from the owner. I personally don't have that kind of free time to spend everyday to baby the car's paint surface. Some colours will show more of the scratches than others, and black is very notorious for this.

RAMZ41
12th February 2004, 09:12 PM
I like the rims with black because it's different but if you want to be safe go with the silver.

SS
12th February 2004, 09:51 PM
I like the rims with black because it's different but if you want to be safe go with the silver.

I cant remove the black inserts in the first picture by un screwing them, then i get the rims lookin like the second picture!

Saba
12th February 2004, 11:47 PM

SABA:

My fellow Merlot Red SAABie... Why are you regretting your colour choice? Black is very nice indeed, very sporty and sophisticated, but maintaining it is also not easy. I have a black 2001 330i sport, and the black colour really make it stand out as a sport sedan, but I have to wash it every 3 days if I wanted it to look sharp all the time.

In any case, I have received constant praise for the colour choice and how it works so well with the SAAB 9-3 SS body styling. I love black on the 9-3 SS, but after having one black car in the garage, I wanted somthing different, and I love the Merlot Red.Love the Merlot too, but everytime I see THAT particular picture of the black SS I go gaga. Funny its only that pic that does it. The Merlot is hard enought to keep clean, but yeah the black would be much worse. Saw a black Arc with full kit a few months ago, it looked so cool, but was filthy! I agree black 330i looks great. My next car maybe!

I wonder what those inserts would look like in Merlot Red, shocking I would imagine.

MoviStar
13th February 2004, 01:54 AM
I thin what would look really look good is if you could get black chrome inserts. I saw a black 7-series here the other day with breyton rims that had a black chrome finish to it and it looked incredible.

spielnicht
13th February 2004, 11:15 AM
Damn you all for posting these pictures to play with my head; Now I gota go and get these wheels as well. I really love the black on black. Finally it pays off to have a black SS.

SS, where did you actually order the wheels for that much?

SS
13th February 2004, 12:44 PM
Damn you all for posting these pictures to play with my head; Now I gota go and get these wheels as well. I really love the black on black. Finally it pays off to have a black SS.

SS, where did you actually order the wheels for that much?

I got them from a friend who is in some way affiliated with their business. Its a good deal for a great set of wheels.

squishmann
16th February 2004, 02:18 AM
for me it's either going to be black or steel gray

i'm going to use this guide

if i find a black, get it
if i find a comparible steel gray for 2k or less, go w/ that
if i find a fully loaded arc in cosmic blue for 6k less than a black vector, go with that.