SaabCentral Forums banner

Service Suspension System

7K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  tornado112 
#1 ·
We've gotten a "Service Suspension System" message a couple times. the strange thing was that we took it in to the dealer and were told they saw no record of the message. When it happened again six weeks later, we took a photo.

We have another appointment Tuesday but if anyone else has gotten this on their new 9-5, let me know.

Chris

#2 ·
Yes, I got this once, but went away quickly . Strangely it was a day or so after I had it in for the 20k mile service, but it has not happned since and I didn't detect anything was wrong.

On another note, when you back up and go to turn(typically right) do you get a creaking and wheel vibration when you turn the wheel just before you go forward?

#4 ·
Had this same message pop up on my way back from Illinois with my new car. Really freaked me out, but then I got on here, saw this post and felt a bit better. Message went away and no noticeable issue with system, so I haven't bothered with taking it to the dealer yet.

#5 ·
I forgot to mention that our dealer, somewhat stumped by why there was no information in the computer, stated that the warning is apparently cleared after 41 cycles. That means if you start and stop you car 41 times after the warning appears, there will be nothing for them to read. It seems like a lot, but I guess in a day a busy person could easily go through 6-8 cycles - just dropping off and picking up a kid at daycare is four cycles. If one scheduled a dealer visit a week later, the car may exceed 41 prior.

This doesn't make sense to me and I have no way to verify it but that's what I was told. If anyone can get their car to the dealer prior to the 41st cycle, please report what they find regarding this warning. Given that it seems to be common on our otherwise asymptomatic cars, it could be a future recall or something.

PL

#12 ·
Hi,

It just said "service suspension system" with a wrench icon. Was gone today but what the hell, let them have a look.
Im taking it to Saab Denville tommorow, I live in Denville so its just convenient.
They are OK but I found the guys from Springfield or Maywood to have more in depth knowledge.
Denville did repair my headlights so I shouldn't really complain. PLUS you get to drive a Fiat 500 all day :) Fun car, small tin box with no power but cute engine growl when you try to accelerate. Not a highway car.
At the end of the day, you return the Fiat rental, pick up your Saab... ahh the feeling of pure joy that you drive a Saab :)

;ol;

#13 ·
Just got back from the shop. Even though the "service suspension" does not pop on the display anymore the Saab Denville found it to be a faulty suspension sensor. They ordered a new one and will get it installed.

:) Didn't even know I had a sensor like that....

#16 ·
12841559 is suspension sensor part number. You may have the only dealer who figured this out. My "service suspension" light has come on 6 times in 4 years. First 2 right after a rough ride in Yellowstone park on washboard gravel. My understanding is the sensor determines front and rear drive mix in Intelligent default mode. Drive is 100% front wheel drive when sensor gets confused when indicator pops up. Anyone else on this subject please respond.

#14 ·
Glad to hear it was only that. Usually, when you have the problem with the AWD system like I had you get both warning icons not just the one you got. Saab Denville or BMW now is great. I bought my wife's 9-3 there. Andy who sold it to us is now in Maywood (or he was last year). Park Ave is knowledgeable but they take the easy, and way more expensive way out, in my opinion. At least they did with my rear end. To take it apart and fix it cost me $600 and they just wanted to replace the entire assembly for $3200.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.