25mm wheel spacers [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 25mm wheel spacers

bornfromjets93t
20-09-11, 01:58 AM
Has anyone used 25mm wheel spacers front and rear? I know the rear will clear and not rub, but I don't know about the front. I'll be running 17x8 wheels 225/40 tires and I'm also lowered. Any help would be great.

SaabMick
20-09-11, 08:27 AM
I'm sure somebdoy has, I know people have done it in the back. If your offset is close to stock on those wheels, then 25mm is going to make your tires stick out beyond the wheel wells in the front. 15-20 is flush in the front, in my mind 15 is actually perfect with the twin spoke aeros.

Do a search, I found a few people who asked similar questions.

SaabMick
20-09-11, 09:53 AM
Does anybody have any experience with 25mm H&R DRA spacers? (Part #: 5045650) Would they fit my '03 Vector without any issues? Any comments appreciated!

There's no need for the DRAs....You can use the DR spacers with longer bolts...

I use 20mm DRs on the front only to clear Brembo calipers and for improved handling (widening the front track reduces understeer...)

If you're just doing it for looks, go 20-25mm on all corners. It will look awesome and you won't increase understeer like you would if you only put them on the rear.

If you're planning to auto-x the car, try experimenting with 20-25mm on the front and NO spacers on the rear. The turn-in will be dramatically better and you'll likely feel the car pivot better....:cool:

Good luck whatever you decide!

I have these spacers on the rear of my car now and they work fine, no issues at all. With 18's they are just even with the fender and have been good for about six months now.

Has anyone used 25mm wheel spacers front and rear? I know the rear will clear and not rub, but I don't know about the front. I'll be running 17x8 wheels 225/40 tires and I'm also lowered. Any help would be great.

ah the wonders of the search. It seems like you wouldn't be the first person, but I'd just do 20mm on all 4 corners personally. I have the 15mm H&R and like I said before, teh fronts are flush, but the backs could use just a little bit more to be flush.

bornfromjets93t
20-09-11, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the reply. I did do a search and didn't find anything, I always try to search before I post. Thanks again.

Venom55
20-09-11, 10:37 AM
15mm front and 25mm rear is the perfect combo to go with the 17inch twin spoke wheels. Anything less will still be tucked in.

SaabMick
20-09-11, 12:11 PM
One of the big concerns there is the effect a wider stance in the rear will have on understeer. Some of the diehard vehicle dynamics/handling guys on here actually do the opposite for auto x, as a wider track in the driven front wheels will dive the car into a corner better. For looks, however, venom has a point that the rears need a little extra as compared to the front. As was previously posted, I think 20mm on all for corners will be the best combination, as it will have no effect on understeer but will still look much better than stock. I'm amazed that more car companies aren't conscious of the stance/flush appearance of wheels. It really changes the entire look of the car having the wheels aligned to the fenders.

mike saunders
20-09-11, 12:49 PM
One of the big concerns there is the effect a wider stance in the rear will have on understeer. Some of the diehard vehicle dynamics/handling guys on here actually do the opposite for auto x, as a wider track in the driven front wheels will dive the car into a corner better. For looks, however, venom has a point that the rears need a little extra as compared to the front. As was previously posted, I think 20mm on all for corners will be the best combination, as it will have no effect on understeer but will still look much better than stock. I'm amazed that more car companies aren't conscious of the stance/flush appearance of wheels. It really changes the entire look of the car having the wheels aligned to the fenders.

+1

Extremely well said. Guys who are looking at spacers should memorize this post.

Wider front track = less understeer and better handling
Wider rear track = more understeer but arguably better looks

SaabMick
20-09-11, 03:00 PM
+1

Extremely well said. Guys who are looking at spacers should memorize this post.

Wider front track = less understeer and better handling
Wider rear track = more understeer but arguably better looks

ha yes and thank you, all the information came from your posts! ;)

Debashis
21-09-11, 02:10 PM
I used to run the Eibach 25mm spacers on the rear of my 9.3, the wheels were 18x8 and the tires were 245/45/18 and I had H&R springs and the wheels rubbed like crazy. I changed the tire profile to 245/40/18, and it still rubbed but a bit less. I changed to 20mm H&R spacers and the rubbing stopped. If you're running 17" wheels, you should probably be fine.

So ... Eibach hubcentric spacers are sitting in box in my closet, PM if you're interested in them.

Venom55
21-09-11, 03:08 PM
I used to run the Eibach 25mm spacers on the rear of my 9.3, the wheels were 18x8 and the tires were 245/45/18 and I had H&R springs and the wheels rubbed like crazy. I changed the tire profile to 245/40/18, and it still rubbed but a bit less. I changed to 20mm H&R spacers and the rubbing stopped. If you're running 17" wheels, you should probably be fine.

So ... Eibach hubcentric spacers are sitting in box in my closet, PM if you're interested in them.

That dosent mean you cannot use them with 18x8 wheel and 25mm in the rear. You have to consider the offset of your wheel first before getting spacers.

Running lower profile is not what would have cured your rubbing, going with 235 instead of 245 would have prolly worked out

Debashis
21-09-11, 03:13 PM
It may have, or "probably".

mike saunders
21-09-11, 04:22 PM
http://prollyisnotprobably.com/

Venom55
21-09-11, 04:25 PM
It may have, or "probably".

Chance would have been better than dowgrading profile thats for sure

Venom55
21-09-11, 04:27 PM
http://prollyisnotprobably.com/

Damn I tough we were on a Saab/car forum here, not a grammar one....:roll: Whatever float your boat