SaabCentral Forums banner

RDS Clock Sync.

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SPG900T 
#1 ·
I just bought a used 2010 9-5 off from a Ford dealer with 1800 miles on it. I traded my 2004 9-5 wagon. The dealer just wanted to get it off the lot.

I can't set the date without it changing to one day ahead the next day. How is the automatic time synchronization switched off?

#2 ·
re: RDS Clock Sync

I am having a similar issue with my 2011 9-5. My calendar is always a day off (later). I have reset it several times but when I get in the car the next time it has reset itself a day later. I suspect this may be related to the automated RDS (Radio Data System) and the recent leap year event in Feb. If the RDS data transmitted by my local FM stations is not corrected for leap year it could be the cause of the date always being ahead by one day.

Anyone else having this issue? Any fix?

#3 ·
RDS (Radio Data System) Wrong Date

I am having a similar issue with my 2011 9-5. My calendar is always a day off (later). I have reset it several times but when I get in the car the next time it has reset itself a day later. I suspect this may be related to the automated RDS (Radio Data System) and the recent leap year event in Feb. If the RDS data transmitted by my local FM stations is not corrected for leap year it could be the cause of the date always being ahead by one day.

Anyone else having this issue? Any fix?
The dealer replaced the radio and the problem was corrected. Must have replaced the internals, because the screen remained the same. The replacement was done before Saab went under.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.