SaabCentral Forums banner

2.8T not smooth?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Stan95 
#1 ·
always hatted vibrations from my B235R. Today i had a change to check vibration level on 2.8 on NG9-5.. And it had vibrations on steering wheel...That is disappointing...

#5 · (Edited)
That's odd. I haven't driven the new 9-5 yet, but the old 9-5 is by far a smoother ride than any 5-series I've ever been in (current gen included). Until you get to the 7-series, the BMW line is built for handling, not bumps (of which we have plenty in Texas). The og9-5, on the other hand, is less racecar and floats a little better over bumpy roads. I wish our local dealers had a ng9-5 I'd go give it a drive and see for myself.

For comparison's sake, and full disclosure, I haven't been impressed with any modern MB I've been in.

Edit: You just posted that you haven't test-driven one yet. Poser/Troll alert.

#4 ·
I also own the new 9-5 and find the engine to be smooth as silk. Perhaps at start up it is noticeable louder than my 9-3. But other than that I have not noticed any engine issue. By the way the Hirsch performance package is available for order at my dealer and I will be getting it soon! 330 HP can't wait

#7 ·
You specified in the steering wheel. If it was in the steering wheel, you'd be moving. If you mean the whole car shaking at idle, say that. Even then, though, to compare the old 9-5 to the new 5-series is madness. A straight-6 is, by definition, perfectly balanced. You CANNOT practically achieve the same balance from a L4 or V6. You're whining about a car you haven't even driven yet, that's madness. That's like me whining about the Fiat 500 not having enough leg room when I haven't sat in it, or saying the brakes don't feel solid when I haven't driven it. Drive the dang car, then come whine about it. At least then you'll have a leg to stand on.

#8 ·
No engine has perfect balance IRL, even r6 will have some imbalance, so you have to work under smoother engine suspension. I spend tons of time in traffic jams, i do not need to drive car to dislike idle vibrations. Why can't i whine about vibrations in 120 000$ car? It is the price of it here with full options list.

And why you advice me to drive it? You want me to check if they did not forget to put balance shafts?

#9 ·
If they're charging $120,000 for the loaded 9-5 in Russia, buy something else. A fully loaded LS600h here just barely tips that number. BTW, what dealer are you looking at? I see Armand Imports will be the distributor, but don't see their dealer network?

#11 ·
There is no comparison between idle engine vibration found in OG 9-5 (aero) and NG 9-5 (aero). The NG is silky smooth relative to the OG. I used to put my OG in N while waiting in line because it shook so badly (no worse, in fact probably better, then most other I-4s). No temptation whatsoever to do that with my NG.

Stan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.