why not get the abbott exhaust system? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: why not get the abbott exhaust system?

CallipNCSUsaab
3rd February 2004, 03:26 AM
Just trying to get more insight into the choices made by the group we have here.. sorry for the second thread but I would like to have these seperate for comparison. So, why not get this one?

anyone that has it.. any thoughts?

Vector-SS
3rd February 2004, 03:41 AM
according to abbott, their exhausts can add up to 6hp. If true, thats not bad at all. I actually dont like the way the dual tips look like . changeable?

CallipNCSUsaab
4th February 2004, 12:18 AM
yeah, i just doubt these other mufflers are going to add 6 and have the quality of abbott (maybe they are better, I dont know)... just trying to see why people are not getting this one instead, anyone?

Saba
4th February 2004, 09:25 AM
yeah, i just doubt these other mufflers are going to add 6 and have the quality of abbott (maybe they are better, I dont know)... just trying to see why people are not getting this one instead, anyone?er, not available here :(

WallySaab
4th February 2004, 08:40 PM
Scanwest auto is handling them in USA and the price is ~$800 so it is quite expensive for a muffler assembly. I would hope to pick up a quality cat back system for less than that when they are available in 3" for the 9-3 ss Aero. :roll:

finklejag
4th February 2004, 08:51 PM
Scanwest auto is handling them in USA and the price is ~$800 so it is quite expensive for a muffler assembly. I would hope to pick up a quality cat back system for less than that when they are available in 3" for the 9-3 ss Aero. :roll:

You can the Ferrita cat-back for $780.00 shipped from Sweden.

WallySaab
4th February 2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks Finklejag, do you have a web address for them? :)

finklejag
4th February 2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks Finklejag, do you have a web address for them? :)

Nordic (www.nordictuning.biz)

Don't click on the US flag. Its a whole different site. You can find their phone number somewhere on there. They all speak English also.

CallipNCSUsaab
8th February 2004, 07:08 PM
so was it a cost issue?

this is a cat back system is it not?

hey FINKLE.. any more info on that exhaust man?? got me interested and I can not find anything on that site.

finklejag
8th February 2004, 07:53 PM
What about the cost issue? I was going to buy it, but I ran out of duckets. :cry: It is a cat-back exhaust.

I emailed them about it. They emailed me back the price plus shipping. Here is a picture of it.

http://www.nordictuning.biz/news/pic/93ss3s.jpg

CallipNCSUsaab
8th February 2004, 11:17 PM
:D :o

I live.. let me know if you can find more info, I will try and get hold of them as well.

03_Saab 9-3
11th February 2004, 01:24 PM
I bet a catback on our cars with no resonator sounds mean as hell. I just went with the magnaflow setup, should be what im lookin for, mainly sound. if it adds any oopmph thats a bonus. Mainly went with the magnaflow for the $$$ reasons, ive managed to tap myself out as well here for a while.

Still have to get her put on, id say somtime in the next month, sitting in my garage now. I used to run a Techtonics 2.5" catback stainless on my GTI VR6 with single resonator, phew talk about a sweet sound!