AIR FILTER FROM THE FIRST DAY? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: AIR FILTER FROM THE FIRST DAY?

DIM
30-01-04, 05:05 AM
I am getting my 93SS AERO by the end of March :oops: and i am thinking of fitting an ITG filter from the first day. Does the ECM needs to run with its original equipment for a few miles or not? How long it needs to adjust to the new air filter?
What about the exhaust? Is it free flow for the Aero?
Any proposition for an aftermarket muffler?

finklejag
30-01-04, 05:28 AM
You will have no problem running the ITG from day one. The ECU will get use to what ever filter you have in.

The Aero muffler is less restictive then the normal muffler on the Linear, Arc and Vector(non-NA). The stock diameter is 2.25 inches. Most aftermarket exhaust are 2.5 or 3.0 inches. It will help the car out with a bigger exhaust.

mav238
30-01-04, 01:14 PM
You will have no problem running the ITG from day one. The ECU will get use to what ever filter you have in.

The Aero muffler is less restictive then the normal muffler on the Linear, Arc and Vector(non-NA). The stock diameter is 2.25 inches. Most aftermarket exhaust are 2.5 or 3.0 inches. It will help the car out with a bigger exhaust.

This should be moved to the SS tuning forum. :)

ummm..this is the SS tuning section, Finkle. :cheesy:

Saba
02-02-04, 05:34 AM

This should be moved to the SS tuning forum. :)

ummm..this is the SS tuning section, Finkle. :cheesy:ROFL

finklejag
02-02-04, 02:53 PM
Guys

This was posted in the SS workshop first. Give me a break. :roll: