SaabCentral Forums banner

Proud new 2010 9-5 owner.

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ducman53 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I just bought a 20109-5 Aero armed to the teeth with every available option except the sunroof. Only because the 2010 did not have a sunroof. So now I need a place in NH or Boston that installs sunroofs. Any ideas or recommendations would be helpful. I will try and post some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, Toyota has a lot of sunroofs installed after the car is dropped off at the port. I have a friend that has a 4Runner that came without a roof, and they installed a sliding/venting glass moonroof his car in about 2 1/2 hours. I'd have to ask him where they did it. But it was somewhere in Boston.

#9 · (Edited)
Non-since, there are thousands of vendors in the New England area that install sunroofs on cars. If its done right it can't destroy the value of the car.
Neither of you know what your talking about !!! The equipment in the vehicle is linked to the vin # and this will reduce the value of the car period. When a sunroof is installed aftermarket the structural braces are not installed like an oem unit.

#6 ·
Thanks Reaction, I can't begin to tell you how great it is to drive this car. It's appearance inside is just breathtaking, outside is nice but could use the Hirsch Aerodynamics kit that will be available here in the US next month. I plan on getting it. I will post pictures of it when I have it on. Probably sometime in September or October. I am still considering the interior leather dash but at this point is not available.

#8 ·
It sounds like a rationalization, but I gotta say I don't miss the sunroof at all on my 2010. I never use it on my 9-3 - something disconcerting about the air movement and the lighting. I've noticed, too, that some advertisers are using non-roof cars in commercials (VW CC)... sleeker lines, I guess.

#10 ·
manual with panoramic sunroof

i looked long and hard and was told saab did not make these. then i stumbled into a local dealer while on a motorcycle ride. they had a 2011 linear 6-speed manual with factory sunroof. extra cost was ~$1150. i figured if and when hirsch makes the performance mod (my vin checks out on the hirsch site) i will still get my 260 bhp with factory warranty. and i have the roof with manual which were my priorities. i also have a 2008 9-3 aero xwd with 6-speed manual. tastes are individual of course.

ducman53

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.