CEL code help [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: CEL code help

vinnnocc
12th June 2011, 01:14 AM
hey guys sorry its long but i like to give info

i just got my ecu tuned for my car. the ecu was a 2.0 base then he swithed it to a 2.3..

now i have two codes

P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction

P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction

my idle is great 950rpm and never revs high or never drops. gas never sticks open or closed. i had this problem with my last AIC then i swithed it with a 9000 one that came on the motor now works great..

also the car is running good no bucks/stalls/rough running/ or anything seems crazy i got these codes can it be the tune???

could it be the tune??
or the 9k aic??

TwinCam
12th June 2011, 01:18 AM
Did you change the whole intake? From throttle body to the filter?
Or just the filter itself? I changed out my filter with a universal kit and didn't throw any codes.

I'm going to say though, if these happened RIGHT after the tune, that would probably be the problem.

Have you tried clearing the codes and seeing if they return?

vinnnocc
12th June 2011, 01:26 AM
i used my 2.0 intake and alll other things...all i used off the 2.3 was the block and head thats it..

btw no i didnt delete them but i did pull the fuse and they came back on..

also i forgot to say i have a leak on one of the four bolts holding the turbo core to the exhust houseing

also my car is a ng900 had a 2.0t now has a 2.3t

vinnnocc
12th June 2011, 09:13 PM
well today i check my evap line 23872

unhooked the lines and i could not blow thur it..then turned the car on and i was able to blow thur it. so i take it that works so then what does the code mean "P0443" ..also today i got gas and opened the gas cap and a huge hiss came from the cap. what does that mean??

as for my IAC idk it works and runs good

help please

saabkid37
12th June 2011, 09:46 PM
..also today i got gas and opened the gas cap and a huge hiss came from the cap. what does that mean??

That is a very dangerous sign. check if the ecu you are using is obd 1 or 2.

typically this happens when an obd2 ecu is used on an obd1 car, it looks for certain things that arent there and causes a huge vacuum to be drawn on the gas tank.

DO NOT drive the car until you solve the problem.

TwinCam
12th June 2011, 10:46 PM
How huge was the hiss?
I've had gas lids hiss at me when I open them to fill them up, but nothing like it screaming at me or lasting any length of time.

vinnnocc
13th June 2011, 09:57 AM
i been using that ecu since my 2.0 was a stage 3 now its tuned for my 2.3 stage 1.

and the hiss was about 45sec long.

today i gota fix the ground strap on the trans to the body its not there.. lets see if that stops the codes...

saabkid37
13th June 2011, 11:15 AM
You could also have the wrong program in the ecu. I highly suggest you make looking into that your first priority.

vinnnocc
13th June 2011, 01:07 PM
You could also have the wrong program in the ecu. I highly suggest you make looking into that your first priority.

humm what kind of wrong program?

saabkid37
13th June 2011, 04:40 PM
humm what kind of wrong program?

It all has to do with obd2 vs obd1.

You could physically have the Wong box, or your once correct box could have the wrong program.

There is a short list of things tht cause that much vacuum on the tank