Considering the 9-2x ... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Considering the 9-2x ...

SaabScott
26-01-04, 10:55 PM
I'm considering having a good look at the 9-2x when it finally gets here.
My wife is a fine driver, but lacks confidence and doesn't like driving.
An AWD would help her out a lot in that respect.

And since I had been looking for an Outback at the time I found my '96 900SET, I am well aware of the good points of a Subrau.
If an AWD is in the cards for the future, why not go for the 9-2x?

solid155
27-01-04, 11:40 AM
Right O! My wife used to drive an 2000 Outback Sport and we almost traded it with '01 WRX. IMO, it'd be a nice car to purchase, except I'd really take a long look at the interior to see if it's to my liking. But as far as engine and performance, can't go wrong. Good Luck!

CleveSaab
29-01-04, 04:16 PM
Come on Scott!!! Be the first!!!

Added incentive, we're going to need someone that actually owns one to moderate this forum. ;)

SaabScott
29-01-04, 06:39 PM

Added incentive, we're going to need someone that actually owns one to moderate this forum. ;)

As tempting a reason as that may be, unless you have some way of subsidizing the purchase, I'm going to have to wait for a while ... even with the discount we get from GM as an IBM employee, it just isn't in the cards right now.

That's not to say that I won't take a look.
The Auto Show is here in February so I'll be taking a close look at it then ...

SaabScott
03-03-04, 08:39 AM

You know, I mentioned this to my wife ... and she reminded me that because of her 2 accidents, she won't be driving a new car for some time (due to insurance rates). :roll:

Oh well, so much for that! :wink: