Air Inlet Temperature Sensor [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Air Inlet Temperature Sensor

Collinspk
23-01-04, 07:42 AM
Hi,

Please could someone tell me where I can find the Air Inlet Temperature on my 9000 CDxs 92K, 2l auto, non turbo.It has trionic system, on it.

Thanks - I have got a Haynes manual but still cant find it with the ais of that!

Thanks - Paul.

johncc
23-01-04, 08:09 AM
Yep, to the right of the engine (looking from the front of the car) is a large (about 2.5" dia) aluminium intake pipe, that comes from the nose of the car and, via a few elbows, ends up at the throttle body.

The air intake temp sensor is fitted in this, just to the right of the cam cover. It has the usual clip on connector, and screws into the side of the pipe.

If you're still stuck, I could post a pic! Let me know.

Collinspk
23-01-04, 08:29 AM
Hi johncc,

Thanks for the quick reply, i have totally removed the pipework from the Air Filter box uptpo the throttle assembly.

The only thing in my pipework is the Air Flow Meter. Am I looking in the correct place?

If you would like to send me a pic that would be great - my email is collinspk@aol.com.

Thanks - Paul.

duesenberg
23-01-04, 08:54 AM
If You have Air Flow Meter (AMM - Air Mass Meter) Your car has LH Jetronic. Some LH Jetronic variants didnt have Intake Air Temperature sensor.

Collinspk
23-01-04, 09:01 AM
That is why i cant find it then! Is there an O2 sensor on the car? If so where?

Thanks for your help.

Paul.

duesenberg
23-01-04, 09:18 AM
If You have model with catalytic converter, O2 sensor is in downpipe, try to look somewhere near oil filter.

At least my copy of Haynes has picture about tightening the lambda sensor (O2 sensor) in the section 4B-3

johncc
23-01-04, 09:56 AM
Yeah, you can see the O2 (lambda) sensor. Find the turbo, and go left (again looking from the front of the car). You'll see it sticking out of the elbow in the downpipe, before it turns down and back under the car. It's metallic, about the size of a thumb, with a couple or 3 wires going straight into it. That's if you have one! My '90 2.3T did.