Left Car - Return and all Windows are Down, Doors Unlocked, Sunroof Open [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Left Car - Return and all Windows are Down, Doors Unlocked, Sunroof Open

saabspeed86
9th May 2011, 02:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

I park in a parking garage in downtown Chicago on a periodic basis for work. This evening I returned to my car and all my windows are down, sunroof is open, and things are missing. There is no broken windows or signs of forced entry.

1. Did my car do this by itself (Googled this problem and some other auto manufacturers have had such a problem with faulty equipment)
2. Does someone have my key code or some device that let's them bypass my cars electronics?

Note: I do know if you hold the unlock button it will open all windows and unlock the doors, but where I had the in the pocket of my fleece hoody I have no clue how the button would have got held down.

FYI: This is the second time stuff has been taken out of my car in 2 months. The first time I assumed I had left the car unlocked and only noticed when I went to use my utility knife from the glovebox. Now that my car has been opened twice I am a little more curious.

Any thoughts?

As additional information, the right driver's side window sensor has been having trouble lately and sometimes I have to bypass the pinch sensor, could this somehow be related?

Jn2
9th May 2011, 10:16 AM
sounds like the courtesy open stuff...forgot what its called, its when you hold the unlock button and all your doors unlock, and every window opens...used on hot days to let the heat out before you get to the car....think itsa techII options that has to be turned on...bc mine doesn thave it, but i have read that others do

JonV
9th May 2011, 10:36 AM
You may have triggered "Comport Open"... holding the unlock button for a few seconds is what does it. If you inadvertently put pressure on the button while walking away from the car, or the button is wearing out, that could do it.

acawley22
9th May 2011, 11:34 AM
try putting your key somewhere else... obviously where ever you are stashing it is pressing and holding the unlock button while still in range. that sucks though.

EuroStyle
10th May 2011, 09:42 AM
I don't know about the Comfort Open explination....on my convertible, you have to keep holding the button for the opening to continue. If you hold the button and it starts to activate and then you let go, it stops. I have to imagine you would realize if you were holding the button down continuously (sp?) as you walked away.

Wht I do wonder is how solid our door handles are? In a VW, theives can pry the lock cylinder out, then use a screw driver to reach in and turn the part that operates the comfort open/close.

Sean

volcomstone2262
10th May 2011, 11:02 AM
Im guessing something got stuck in your pocket.

As long as you did not get an "Alarm triggered" warning I think it was user.

I did this in winter on accident and had snow fall on my head.

93Jet_Vector
10th May 2011, 11:27 AM
Either you were pressing the key in your pocket, or I find if I am rushing I'll hit the sun roof and windows comfort close then turn off the car and it will kick all the windows back open.. But you would have noticed :cool:, i hope :cheesy:

JonV
10th May 2011, 11:48 AM
Im guessing something got stuck in your pocket.

As long as you did not get an "Alarm triggered" warning I think it was user.

I did this in winter on accident and had snow fall on my head.

If the button got pushed and the car was unlocked, the Alarm wouldn't trigger. I'm thinking it's an Intermittent fault in
switch on the remote....

hdslam
10th May 2011, 02:01 PM
You more than likely have a ground problem. It happened to me before, windows down and unlocked. If you've had service recently, the possibility of a ground wire not having proper contact is the cause usually. I highly doubt the button had been depressed for extended amount of time as others suggest.

PTCsanchez
10th May 2011, 03:17 PM
If you got it used, the previous owner might still have an extra key. Just a thought.

Pappy.Timo
10th May 2011, 03:18 PM
I didn't know this was a feature and tried it last night. Wow, very nice. I guess I beter find a manual and do some reading to find what other features I might be missing :)

Acidradio
10th May 2011, 08:00 PM
This happened to me once... when the car had 6" of snow on it! By some miracle all the snow over the sunroof stuck together and did not fall into the passenger cabin.