Emblem came off in car wash [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Emblem came off in car wash

henrydrix
10th April 2011, 01:43 PM
Hello fellas, I have another problem to ask you about. It seems simple enough, but something that I've never heard of before. As you may remember, I just purchased an 06 Aero. I live in the Detroit area where I have to put up with bad weather and salted roads in the winter. I've been trying to keep the car as clean as possible, so I ran it through the car wash a couple of times. To my surprise, the last time I noticed that the trunk emblem was missing! I went back to the car wash to look for it but couldn't find it. I had never seen anything like this with all the cars I've owned over the years. After a couple of days, I noticed that the metal part was still attached to the car with an imprint of the emblem on it. I searched the forum and found someone who was trying to replace a hood emblem, several people suggested a "sticker" instead of replacing the entire emblem itself. If I go this same route, should I be concerned that the new sticker will also come off if I run the car through the wash again? Usually emblems last longer than the car does, this truly amazes me.

MacNoob
10th April 2011, 03:03 PM
Common problem, the paint comes off the emblems. Replace with a sticker and never worry about it again. They don't come off.

http://www.eu-decals.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=433

http://www.eu-decals.com/images/uploads/%281279%29.jpg

pollyPocket
14th April 2011, 02:02 PM
Hello fellas, I have another problem to ask you about. It seems simple enough, but something that I've never heard of before. As you may remember, I just purchased an 06 Aero. I live in the Detroit area where I have to put up with bad weather and salted roads in the winter. I've been trying to keep the car as clean as possible, so I ran it through the car wash a couple of times. To my surprise, the last time I noticed that the trunk emblem was missing! I went back to the car wash to look for it but couldn't find it. I had never seen anything like this with all the cars I've owned over the years. After a couple of days, I noticed that the metal part was still attached to the car with an imprint of the emblem on it. I searched the forum and found someone who was trying to replace a hood emblem, several people suggested a "sticker" instead of replacing the entire emblem itself. If I go this same route, should I be concerned that the new sticker will also come off if I run the car through the wash again? Usually emblems last longer than the car does, this truly amazes me.
I live in Windsor, ON and my hood emblem paint went missing after a huge pile of snow slid off my car this winter. I purchased my old '00 9-5 with missing colour on the badge. We replaced that one with an OEM.

I've heard the stickers last very well. Does anyone think the '3-D' decals look like original? I mean, right down to the correct typeface for the SAAB lettering? It would drive me crazy if it looked less than original.

indy500
14th April 2011, 02:10 PM
I live in Windsor, ON and my hood emblem paint went missing after a huge pile of snow slid off my car this winter. I purchased my old '00 9-5 with missing colour on the badge. We replaced that one with an OEM.

I've heard the stickers last very well. Does anyone think the '3-D' decals look like original? I mean, right down to the correct typeface for the SAAB lettering? It would drive me crazy if it looked less than original.

It has the correct typeface. Look at the picture in MacNoob's post.

It won't say PAALA, though :D

pollyPocket
14th April 2011, 03:01 PM
A couple of years ago, I actually saw a company online that would make custom decal emblems. Hmmmmmmmm..... ;)