01 9-5 se v6 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 01 9-5 se v6

Mantvis
28-03-11, 09:30 PM
My father has 01 Saab 9-5 SE V6
The turbo failed at 100k, so we are trying yo replace it, we took everything out, adn all there is lef to do is to take out a dipstick tube, we unscrew 1 screw that we could see, and now we are ablt to wiggle it, turn it 360. Ive googled and everyone said that it just pulls out. we pulled, we used a car jack with a cable, the cable snaped. and the tube did not move an inch!
anyone has any ideas what do we need to do?

Kermit
29-03-11, 05:29 AM
The turbo on the V6 is integral with the manifold so you need to get the manifold off to have any chance of removing it.

gbest
29-03-11, 05:49 AM
I just did a V6 turbo and could not remove the tube, I tried everything.
I ended up gently twisting and bending it out of the way so I could get to the last bolt on the manifold.
Do yourself a favor and replace the exhaust studs once the manifold is out, if they didn't break taking it apart, they will when reassembling.

SaabDozer
29-03-11, 09:14 AM
Do yourself a favor and replace the exhaust studs once the manifold is out, if they didn't break taking it apart, they will when reassembling.

I just had my motor out a few months back and I snapped three of my manifold studs off during re-assembly. Replace the studs!

pegasus50
29-03-11, 02:47 PM
The Dipstick tube is held by a single bolt once located and removed it can be removed. I clamped mine with vice grips and tapped firmly until it popped free. Good luck with the Turbo replacement I was able to reuse my manifold studs and they have not given me any problems after a a full year since I performed the repair. Read every thread you can. It will save you time and sanity. ;)

Mantvis
29-03-11, 04:26 PM
The turbo is out! I was not able to get the dipstick tube out...
It was nice to see "Garrett GT1549"