SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

One reverse light or two?

30K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  h978886 
#1 ·
Does the 2010 US 9-5 have one backup light or two? The manual confuses me because the section about the light(s) is titled "Reversing Lamps" (plural), but then the text says "The back-up lamp" (singular). The driver side tail light has one that lights up, but it seems like the other side has room for a light... Is it correct to have one light, or is my car broken? I wish there were 2 lights because maybe it would be easier to see while backing out of my dark and long-ish driveway at night.

If anybody knows for sure, I'd like to know.

Stan

#4 ·
Actually, I was mistaken. My reverse lamp is on the passenger side, too. I guess this is "as designed". I assume this is the same as the 9000... I must say that I never really noticed on my prior 9-5s or 9-3... maybe it is because the one light is so bright.

Thanks,

Stan

#24 ·
Actually, I was mistaken. My reverse lamp is on the passenger side, too. I guess this is "as designed". I assume this is the same as the 9000... I must say that I never really noticed on my prior 9-5s or 9-3... maybe it is because the one light is so bright.

Thanks,

Stan
My 2006 9-5 only has one back up lamp. Ive had it about 4 years now and have not had less then 25 people tell me I have a back up lamp out. Its usually at a gas station or a neighbor and sometimes have to show them the difference in the lenses.

#12 ·
checked with my dealer and can confirm it has got just one reverse-light, the other is cosmetic ...
rear fog lights, as you might know, are red, at least here in europe and it's integrated in the bottom-left-part of the rear bumper (into the red reflection-bar).
Unfortunately there are no cables provided for adding a second reverse light.

btw.: all rear lights except for the indicator, are led's.
btw.2: seems most of the new cars only have 1 rear light, my previous 9-5's had only one as well...

saab-on ;)

#22 ·
On my 2009 aero the actual lenses differ from driver to passenger side. The passenger side has these white stripes and the driver side does not. I have seen other cars with unilateral reverse lights and have always liked it. It makes me feel less generic to know that my car is deliberately not totally symmetric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.