Heavy gas smell in oil. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Heavy gas smell in oil.

11-01-04, 12:41 PM
This is my first saab and im told it runs, but i havent cranked it yet. It was sitting for a few mounths at a shop around here. There is a very heavy gas smell in the oil, is there a sensor that could be causing this? Its a 83 900 turbo. I dont know much about import cars, all ive worked on is chevys and fords but i dont see how this can be that much different.

REDTURBO84
11-01-04, 01:31 PM
Hi,Welcome to saabcentral,The gas smell is from fuel getting into the crank case one way or another :roll: ,get it out of there and start her up. I would start with a oil change and filter.Try to find a Bentley 8 valve manual. They are hard to find but offer the most complete easy to understand help..(Buy a $15.oo Haynes at a local parts store for now.) As far as being different than a Ford or Chevy,they are, But they are a enjoyable challence.The fuel system is tricky.My daily car of choice is a 84 turbo 900.Nice comfortable old car! :cheesy: Pat

bohtak
11-01-04, 10:11 PM
could be ur cars running to rich. if its a 83' model it should be a K-jet. try ajusting the fuel ratio.